Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat repairs (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59520-boat-repairs.html)

Byrdman 04-15-2005 09:31 PM

Re: Boat repairs

Yo 100 this place is not so lame after all :D :D :D

at100plus 04-15-2005 09:37 PM

You're right, it's not so lame :cool:

He doesn't respond because there simply is no excuse for his how he handled the situation. There's a million ways he could have made this deal go smoothly before it came to this.

He tried to respond on Scream and Fly with some personal attacks and other excuses for not paying in 2 months , but the members were the judge and jury, they saw right through his lies and he retreated by deleting his posts.

apache21 04-15-2005 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike I'm glad I did not move on the 32 Skater he had for sale. For some reason it is upside down, also did you tell me it had a rotten transom, and it was getting some repairs :rolleyes:

hillbilly24 04-16-2005 01:16 AM

Hey At100plus maybe he didnt reply becuae this thread is like a year and a half old and you randomly decided it needed a reply. I checked out your posts on scream and fly and have heard of your situation on OSO as well, It sounds like you had a bad time and I'm sorry for you on that but what did you do find every thread with a post by Lamb or one of his employees and bash him in it, thats a little much.

at100plus 04-16-2005 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by learnfromdbest
Todd Lamb is the owner and has been around boats his whole life, we have repaired alot of boats and there hasnt been anyone unhappy with any of our work, we guarentee great work. so if you need anyhing get ahold of us.
Matt

I saw this and felt it needed a response. I was searching high and low for a member claiming a good transaction with Lamb. The only thing good said about Lamb on either message forum is self proclaimed.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-16-2005 11:43 AM

Hey Mike!

I guess this explains why Lamb was looking for a new company name huh? :D

I'm sorry to see you just didn't walk away from the deal when you saw the condition of the boat when you arrived.... :(

timewarp 04-16-2005 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
Hey At100plus maybe he didnt reply becuae this thread is like a year and a half old and you randomly decided it needed a reply. I checked out your posts on scream and fly and have heard of your situation on OSO as well, It sounds like you had a bad time and I'm sorry for you on that but what did you do find every thread with a post by Lamb or one of his employees and bash him in it, thats a little much.

I personally don't think it's a little much, if some one does a search for boat repair and it brings up this thread in the future that person will understand that this line is not true anymore
" we have repaired alot of boats and there hasnt been anyone unhappy with any of our work, we guarentee great work. so if you need anyhing get ahold of us.
Matt"

I think that what they did to the boat they sold Mike is a crime, someone could have been seriously hurt.

Caleb

at100plus 04-30-2005 11:38 PM

Thank you Caleb.

A "bad time" is a huge understatement.

Just got done rebuilding the starboard motor to boot.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-01-2005 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by at100plus

A "bad time" is a huge understatement.

Just got done rebuilding the starboard motor to boot.

Mike,
Was that engine blown??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

at100plus 05-01-2005 12:09 AM

No but it wasn't running right and had water on the plugs so we tore it apart.

The stator was shot (causing poor running). Top and bottom cap seals were shot (leaking fuel/oil at the top and apparently water getting in through the bottom). Two reeds were broken. Looked everything over, staked a couple pins that had shiny tops and put it back together with all new gaskets and seals. Should be good to go now.