Notices

Wisconsin noise citations

Old 09-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wisconsin noise citations

I have a noise citation here that I received from the wonderful DNR. The attorney has asked if we could get several of these together to amortize the costs. He was able to beat one citation for 101db and is very confident that he can beat more of them. Please e-mail me directly or post to this thread. Also please refer anybody that you know of to this thread.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Registered

Count me in...
Old 09-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Mark-I'm having problems with my Netscape account. Please e-mail me your contact information at my wifes address: [email protected]
Old 09-24-2003, 05:47 PM
Registered

Default miwaukee

Cord, sorry to hear about your noise violation ticket but thought you might need to hear about our experience in milwaukee on the apba weekend. Five of us boaters from the MN area got welcomed to milwaukee in the first five minutes we were in the water by the mil harbor patrol. We went though the breakwater opening too fast according to this ******* and he handed out five tickets that were waiting in the mail by the time we got home. After arguing with them for about ten minutes that we were at slow no wake speed and a warning would be a better way of handling it he said " how loud is your boat?, the dnr might like to test it. Oh and how would you do if the coast guard checked your boat over?" I decided to let it go and as he left he sped over to the coasty boat and was talking with them. Oh by the way later that day steve from oso in his cigarette and many of the racing boats blew thru the opening at high speeds and the rest of the weekend we watched as boat after boat blew thru the openings!!!

Good luck, Gary
Old 09-24-2003, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Cord,
I know many boaters who got tickets this season from the DNR ,we need to address this some how. Next my cycle, than my lawn mower. Is noise really the problem or is it the DNR's budget.

P.S. Cord , Saturday October 4th. Pair-a-dice racing will be displaying there new 42' MTI victory cat at the Pioneer Resort in Oshkosh Wis. between 2:00 and 6:00 hope you can make it.

www.pair-a-dice-racing.com
Old 09-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Registered

Sounds like they like to pick on out of towners. Figure you wont fight the tickets. I have read many threads talking about similar problems in many states. I think what we need to do is get together and get some sort of a lobby effort goin to put pressure on these groups that like to harrass us. If the politicians start getting complaints and pressure, they will get the idiots on the Barney Fife boats to leave us alone. Just my .02
Old 09-24-2003, 07:40 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Roll-the biggest problem is that the new db limit is 86! That is extremely hard to make with a modified motor. The getcha is that the system needs to be full time. Everytime I've been stopped they have checked for the Y pipe and diverters. They havn't learned what a in-line operable muffler looks like, so I've been lucky. Just wish they were working when I was stopped up on the Winni. I would have passed for sure.

garshev-I'm sorry about your troubles. I've had the same problems with them as well. I once got stopped just so the cop could tell me that if he had a db meter that he would give me a ticket! BTW-I saw Steve do several other things that weekend that some of us didn't approve of either.

Pair-we were thinking about making the freeze-your-ass run but I'm not sure if we'll just go up to see you guys make a couple of passes. Now if you were offering rides....

Last edited by Cord; 09-24-2003 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:43 PM
Registered

Hey, I feel for you guys. We have idiots here also who are supposed to enforce the water laws. Luckily I think they are too stupid to realize we also have a DB limit in Pa. They just pull the "Random" safety check BS.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

If you "know" of somebody with a citation, would you please have them contact me?

[email protected]
262-243-9663
Old 09-26-2003, 08:08 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Nobody else?

Quick Reply: Wisconsin noise citations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.