Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jacksonville Poker run, Thanks Ryan Beckly (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59704-jacksonville-poker-run-thanks-ryan-beckly.html)

open87 09-21-2003 07:49 AM

brett, so cruboss is crubossing full time now. i actually was on the phone with him while all of you were in jacksonville. he told me that the spare props were in the 550. need a big truck for that skater. i asked why didn't you change props after losing a piece and told me that's next for the skater , spare prop mounts. as far as for me splashing my cig it is sitting in a building with all my stuff around it .sold my house and all the other chit i own , ask leo if you would like to know, been through the ringer. as for the water i bought my cig out of lake worth and there is nothing like that feeling of running in the ocean. here if you get big wind and go to the right places you can find big water to play in but nothing like the atlantic.still have those spares sitting in the garage??

NASTY HABIT 09-21-2003 08:14 AM

Savannah was not flat by any means....did we run wfo ? nope....we did run as hard as we felt safe running for those conditions...as we always do. Keep your eyes peeled for the next OPBA run...when you get back to the last stop we'll give you a spin...we'll be in the pool cooling off. :)

dhlaw 09-21-2003 08:53 AM

Hey,
There is a run coming up in Daytona in a month or so, up the ICW to St. Augustine and out the inlet back to Ponce in the ocean. We'll put the "offshore" back in "OffshoreOnly"!!!!!!!!

CRUBOSS 09-21-2003 09:27 AM

thank the jacksonville firefighters for a GREAT poker run.reggie fountain and benny roberts looked great in those full canopy vee hull boats. reggie (i would guess) had crash boxes . that would make it difficult to pick up his flyers or cards at dockside. but they both looked good running.

that red skater that "chubby-well-fed" was driving ran flawless. only one problem was ....we lost 2" of blade off the port side four bladed cleaver. and lost a little speed. we will learn to have extra cleavers on board.

a good time was had by all. THANK YOU.

dhlaw 09-21-2003 09:36 AM

Uncle Leo!!! Aint it nice to have your attorney following behind the red Skater in his Cigarette? You bet!!

NASTY HABIT 09-21-2003 09:59 AM

THANKS FRED!!!
POUND for POUND a OB Skater is the Baddest boat on the water. Let's see I'vv got a 24' boat with 400HP and I beat 104 other boat to the card stop and this guy wants to belittle me? Whatever dude. Put some numbers on you boat and come racing. When you have a little boat you learn to pick your battles. Ask anyone in the OPBA that was at the spring poker run when we went out the pass and it was 6 foot. I did't turn around I just made my way acroos Tampa Bay until I found MY water. I was the LAST boat across the bay. I was probably about 5th from last to the card stop as we passed a few a few boat in the river. But we were the 2nd boat to the next stop. We got beat by a 36 Spectre. I don't have a wave crusher by anymeans but you've got more money in Paint than I have in my motors. But that doesn't get you to the stop first does it.

Mr. Beckley

dhlaw 09-21-2003 10:39 AM

Hey Ryan,
scroll back up and point to the part where I belittle you..... Was it the words like "nice boat", "impressed", "would like to own one", "haul ass", that made you feel bad?? In fact, after you went to the first card stop and were leaving I was the one that hollered to you and said "sweet boat" and you gave me the thumbs up. So, whatever is right. You need to learn to take compliments a little more gracefully. Besides, this is your post about how you beat 104 boats to the 1st stop.....doesnt that kinda open the door to some ribbing??? Some of you guys are just too much!

Brett

dhlaw 09-21-2003 11:09 AM

Anybody have any pictures to post???

GATORONE 09-21-2003 06:54 PM

D-hlaw,

It wasn't much of a battle since the skater"Jokers Wild"
could only run about 105. We ran the Nor-tech up into the mid 140s early in the morning with more left,But being a first time cat driver I didn't need to go any faster.

p

GATORONE 09-21-2003 07:02 PM

I thought the 24 Skater looked great running scootn down the river .By the way just wanted to thank everyone for coming and look forward to seeing all again next year.