Notices

Apba Sound Off!

Old 09-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up ahhhhh the memories

Joe:

That was Angel II I co-piloted and yes when Herbot got ejected we put a diver on him. We watched yall for a few laps and you had that puppy loose! On Sunday I got to chase 10 Super Cats at 120 mph - 100 feet above them into turn 1 (no doors on the helicopter), now that is something I will never forget! My racing in F2 was very brief and I only did it to help a rookie friend get into the sport. St Clair , MI we had (26) YES (26) F2 Boats going into turn 1 and I was scared to death! Ha Ha - BH
Old 09-22-2003, 02:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BH yes I did have that puppy a little loose and when we reentered the ocean from the shoreline the wind running down the sea wall took the nose of the boat and sent it south Keith did leave the boat but not before slamming me into the windscreen and breaking 3 of my ribs , he a big boy." I LOVE THE STAR's PEOPLE ". St Clair we were there last boat on the outside running down the seawall at the start missed a turn or rescue boat by no more then 2' at 80mph amazingly no one hit on that first turn . Our boat was acting up I think we finished last but I'll never forget the race . Funny thing I was not scared at all. Jo
P.S. I hope someday F2 will have as many entires again.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to Key West last year for the Worlds, for the 4th time. I think it is the best racing anywhere and I've been to a lot of venues. Having said that, I am really
glad I didn't buy a plane ticket to go this year because unlike probably most people on this board I cannot afford for the race to be canceled. Oh, I could still go and have a good time but the race is why I go to Key West.

I am very hesitant to purchase plane tickets to go to APBA races because of the possibility of them getting canceled. I just hope for better planning in 2004 and beyond.