Notices

OT for Too Old

Old 09-22-2003, 07:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT for Too Old

Okay, usually I keep my non boating stuff off the board, but this is unreal.

I'm in the drive thru at Wendy's. I pay and get my drinks. Then the guy at the window says:
"Can you please pull forward and we'll bring the rest out to you?"

Me:" But there is nobody behind me, so I'll just stay here."

Guy:"We'll bring the stuff out to you, please pull up."

Me:"But there is nobody behind me, so there is no reason to pull forward, I'll wait here."

Guy:"But we're on a timer system, so I need you to pull up."

Me:"Well, that means nothing to me, so I'll sit here." (I guess I need not tell folks I can be a butt hole if I want, but this didn't seem like I was, it was ludicrous that I move my car in a DRIVE THRU)

A few moments later, a lady (possibly the "manager") comes to the window.

Lady:"Sir, can you please pull forward and we'll bring your food out"

Me (thinking oh my God, is this really happening?):"But as I told the guy, there is not a single car behind me and there is no reason to move."

Lady:"We're on a timer system."

Me:"Okay, what exactly is a timer system?"

Lady:"We're timed on how long our orders take and it effects our raises."

Me (thinking, did I hear that right?):"Now why do I care if you get a raise if you don't have my food ready for me?" (thinking, me sitting here is part of the whole "timer" system....you're not doing your damn job)

Lady:"Well, do you want your food hot or cold?"

Me (Now just giving up because it's useless talking to stupid people (threatening a customer is really stupid)):"So where do I pull ahead?"

Now, Fred, is that not one of the dumbest things you've ever heard? I hope that you never allow your Burger King to operate in such a way. NOT very customer service oriented. They're worried about a $.10 raise more than my happiness.

Did she know she pissed off the owner of a business that could provide a better job for her? (if she were smart, we'd fire people for stupid stuff like that)

So, basically I sit here eating my last meal I've likely ever get from Wendy's hoping nobody spit in it. (actually, what I'm worried about is finding out if someone did. If they did and I don't know, fine....tastes fine to me. LOL!)

Question for OSO'ers? When was the last time you got into an arguement with the clerk at the local fast food joint?

I'm going to start a TV show "American FastFooders"...I don't have a son, so I'll just hire people. LOL!
Old 09-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Registered

I`ve had that happen to me at our local Hardees. I sat there!
Old 09-22-2003, 07:13 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is Crazy!
Old 09-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Troutly
So THEY can eat the food with the spit in it
What are friends for?
Old 09-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the store was in St Joseph, MI it is owned by Wendy's of South Bend. I'm sure some people there would be interested in your experience

[email protected]
Old 09-22-2003, 08:55 PM
Banned

Don't take it out on the poor employee, they are just doing what the management tells them to do. Many moons ago, I was a manager at a Wendy's. They do indeed keep track of window times. Some of the crew leaders found they could lean out the window with a tray and block the beam for a few seconds. Do this several times and it brings down the time average.

Granted, in this case we would have probably asked them to pull up once, if they didn't want to, we'd let them wait there, no problem. You wouldn't beleive the abuse some customers can give these poor window workers. I once had a teen age girl come back from walking an order out in tears. It seems the guy cussed her out because she told him his food would be out in a minute. He had his watch out and informed her that it was over TWO MINUTES before he got his food, not one minute. He then demanded that she send the manager out to see him (me). That was a mistake on his part. Since nobody else was privy to our conversation, I explained to him EXCATLY where he could put his single with cheese, and made sure he got my name too if he wanted to call corporate. I never heard anything about it.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:38 PM
Registered

At Wal-mart, a grouchy older woman was having a good time giving a defenseless check-out girl an ass chewing. Over a minor price difference on a coffee cup. I reminded the woman that other people were waiting in line and she was holding up the line- this only strengthened her resolve.

She kept at it, and I suggested that if she wanted to pick a fight , why not me- instead of the poor girl behind the counter. I then told her to shove her cup up her ass and she said 'WELL, I Never!!!!!'. I told her I was sure it would fit.

The people taking orders, etc. are usually just doing what they are told to do. I feel fortunate not to be in their shoes.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:43 PM
Registered

32fever,
Serves you right for going to Wendy's instead of Burger King!!! I have found it a lot of fun to pick up your cell phone and call the number posted in the drive thru window. Then you can tell the clerk there is someone who would like to talk to them.

Dan

BTW, What the heck are you posting non boating stuff on OSO.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:11 AM
Registered

The reason that I won't pull forward is that they usually forget all about you once you leave the window. You can't call it a drive thru if you have to walk back in to remind them. However, I will not be rude to the hired help, but I can be pretty pissy to the managers if need be.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:46 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

First rule.

Dont' F with people preparing your food. They have the upper hand.
Shut up and don't go back then write a letter to "investors relations" or the owner if it is a private Co. If you don't have time don't go back ever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.