Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Full Bimini enclosure on a Go Fast? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/60121-full-bimini-enclosure-go-fast.html)

Air Dog 09-26-2003 06:58 AM

Full Bimini enclosure on a Go Fast?

Except for June, July and August, it can get freakin cold boating in New England.

One of my winter projects this year is to cover my cockpit with a bimini and a full canvas enclosure.

Anyone ever done it?

Anything I should avoid?

I am assuming I will have to use polls to hold it up instead of those straps due to the speed.

Air Dog 09-26-2003 07:47 AM

Thanks I'll do that.

If anyone has any photos please post...

ROUGHSTUFF 09-26-2003 08:07 AM

I have a fully enclosed top on my 37 AT and love it. I had Muskegon Awning make mine and they did a great job. They build all the enclosed tops for PQ and they guranteed me I could run 65MPH all day long with the top up. Make sure they use all stainless steel. The other thing I love about the top is it can be store in the engine hatch or be kept in an arch position when you are in a hurry.

TeamSonic42 09-26-2003 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the full enclosure for my 42 Sonic. Cuts the wind great, and have run at 50mph with no problem. I have tested it at anything above 50, although Im sure it would be fine up about 60.

Kinda funny seeing a Go Fast with the enclosure, but it sure has come in handy !

Heres a pic of a 42 with the full canvas. I dont have any pics of mine with it.....

Air Dog 09-26-2003 09:16 AM

Wow, that looks pretty cool.

How do you like the Sonic?

I am going to definately go for the enclosure, but what I cant figure out is how to attatch the viynl windscreen to my fairing since it is a V-shape and the from of a Bimini is straight across...

:rolleyes: :confused: :(

Air Dog 09-26-2003 09:18 AM

Does that anchor on the bow bounce around on you in the rough?

jafo 09-26-2003 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We had this one custom made for our 28' Active Thunder at Lakeside Canvas, Muskegon, MI in summer of '02. You can run with it or just the bimini up at speed.

We had the front sections built so they actually extend down to the bottom of the fairing, giving it more of a 'raked' angle for running when it is up, if necessary. The front section is also split into two peices, and velcros vertically in the middle, making it easier to put up and down

We had zip-out screens added for each side piece, and a large matching duffle-type bag made for storing the top when not in use. All the windows are Eisenglass, which should be rolled, not folded. The duffle bag comes in handy for keeping these in 'like-new' condition.

I wouldn't own any boat (except for my small fishing boats :) ) without having some type of protection from Mother Nature's surprises. Done correctly, they can still look good, even on a performance boat. We are VERY happy with ours.
Jim

Wally 09-26-2003 10:44 AM

heres Karl's 380 powerquest with the top up :D

Interceptor 09-26-2003 11:37 AM

go to fountainpowerboats.com and check their sportfishcruiser line. I have the 32' with full cuddy and fixed top. Yes it's slower and taller but it sure extends the season.

cigarette1 09-26-2003 12:35 PM

Originally posted by Interceptor
.... but it sure extends the season.
Me no comprende :D