Notices

Urgent: Scam artist

Old 09-26-2003, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Urgent: Scam artist

I just received an email from Earthlink saying my credit card had been declined or had expired and to click on the link and update my credit card information. The site looks identical to Earthlink but is not owned by them. Please warn your friends about this.
Dan
Old 09-27-2003, 07:35 AM
FWK

I had the same type of thing happen on our yahoo account. We have it through sbc and the message told me we needed to make other payment arrangements even though our bill comes with our telephone bill as we have combined billing. It told me I did not pay my bill and so they needed a credit card and a mailing address. I also know that my phone bill is paid.

Old 09-27-2003, 07:40 AM
Registered

i hate scammer.. i just sold a 225 CXXL to a guy up in the state of washington and he got scammed on a motor off the net...
Old 09-27-2003, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't put any credit card info in my computer anymore. Citibank offers me one time use CC numbers for computer purchases
Old 09-27-2003, 01:30 PM
Registered

I recently got a mail, from an AOL user, saying "You've Got Pictures." I never use this feature on my AOL, but I wondered who it was from, so I clicked on it. It took me to a page that was identical to an AOL looking page, and asked me to log in. I logged in, but there were no pictures.

Less than 24 hours later, my AOL account had been temporarily suspended for sending out 500 pieces of mail in 5 minutes, at 2am.

Apparently, this scam was used to get my password, and then the hacker spammed using my screen name/email address. "I" apparently sent out hundreds of freaking "Insta Kisses" to people I don't know, and I am STILL getting IM's from whacky people asking me to hook up.

That was one of my rare blonde moments........won't happen again.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:46 PM
Registered

The site I went to was an identical clone of Earthlinks. I'm sure with the speed they can send out emails there is a good percentage of people getting scammed. If I can't give my credit card over the phone I'm not buying.

Dan