Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bobby Saccenti Vistis SCOPE!!!!! >

Bobby Saccenti Vistis SCOPE!!!!!

Notices

Bobby Saccenti Vistis SCOPE!!!!!

Old 09-26-2003, 10:34 AM
DEVIL MAN

Default Bobby Saccenti Vistis SCOPE!!!!!

Last night, approximately 80 members of SCOPE were honored to have Bobby Saccenti be the guest speaker at their Fall Membership meeting. Bobby said it was the first time he had ever done anything like that...we didn't believe him cause he was just too dam good!!!!

After a brief introduction on his background and history in the boat building and boat racing business, Bobby wowed the SCOPE crowd with a highlight film taken from the 1984 and 1985 racing seasons . Guys, this footage was incredible...we are talking about true offshore powerboat racing in the rough stuff...not the circle races that we see in todays races.

After the highlight film, Bobby fielded questions for almost 45 minutes...everything was asked from Arranow, Kramer, rigging, layups and the story on how Apache got its name and logo. Unlike many other SCOPE membership meetings, the crowd listened intently to every word and story. It was a great evening with each member in attendance receiving an Apache tee shirt. Most of the recipients had Bobby autograph their shirts right above the Apache logo on the front of the shirt.

For those of you that have never met Bobby, he was a very humble and modest man showing absolutely no ego or attitude....the guy just flat out lives and loves performance boating and pushing his machines and his body to the fullest!

If you are ever in his presence....make sure and intoduce yourself and say hello.....he is pretty dialed in with OSO and many of your names. Our next goal is to get him back to Southern California next summer and have him run one of his Apache's in our annual poker run.

A big thanks to the King of all Poodles Jeff Cheng for making all the arrangements for Bobby to visit SCOPE! And to Bobby....we really appreciate you coming out from Florida to be part of our club. Your highlight film was terrific and your enthusiasm and love for our sport was awesome.

Thank you again from all your friends at SCOPE!!!

DMan

Old 09-26-2003, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said DMan

Thanks Bobby
Old 09-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was a great event - A big thanks to Bobby and Eric for coming out and sharing the race footage and stories with us.

Looking forward to Bobby coming back out for the poker run.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cell phones are ringing off the hook today. "That was Great!" Seems to be the catch phrase from all who where there. I have never seen someone act that modest in front of a group sitting in complete silence. Jeff did a wonderful job picking someone to Hype up the sport and fill us in on a few stories us West Coasters don't get to hear to often. I think after the first video Ron has officially taken on the name "Pappa Poodle" considering he is now being called Dad by everyone in the group. The whole night seemed to fly by and was appreciated by all in attendance. Thank you again to Bobby and Eric, Jeff and all those who made that happen.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Thanks Bobby

The race and interview footage was awesome. I especially liked the segment from that Speed show. It was a great piece about the origins of Apache and the development of the Warpath team (including rare footage of BK). We also got to see an interview with Don Arronow. We also had access to Bobby's personal photo albums(what can I say).

It took a while for Bobby to warm up to our club, but after his personal story and the videos, we had him for a question and answer period (at least an hours worth). That's when Bobby loosened up, he was in rare form, arms flailing, laughing, hollering and even cracking jokes on the Illustrious One (respectful jokes, of course).

He didn't shy away from any questions that were asked. Most were strictly about boating but, you know, we had to ask a little about the goings on around 188th St in the late '80s

Thanks again for the autographed T-shirt.

Gary
Old 09-26-2003, 02:50 PM
Registered

My favorite.............

This was offshore racing, you don't have your girlfriend saying "oh my boobs hurt" or "the kids crying in the back seat"

Old 09-26-2003, 02:55 PM
Registered

Did anyone ask him about the Penthouse video? I bet her boobs hurt That was AWESOME!

Old 09-26-2003, 02:58 PM
DEVIL MAN

The only bummer of the night is when Bobby told everyone that he really liked and admired Stinson and considered him a true friend!!!! A Golden opportunity to throw Stinson under the bus and he passed on such a golden opportunity....none of us would have let the opportunity pass!!!! Bobby must have bumped his noggin!!!! So Sean, you are off the hook once again!!!

That was a great night!!!!

DMan

Old 09-26-2003, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dman, you will notice it was AFTER he said that about Sean that I asked about racing injuries. I think it was obvious by that point he smacked his head off the dash once or twice.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Registered

Ron don't you think it would be cool to have another version of that awesome S.C.O.P.E poker run video a bit shorter so you can put it on TV as commercial. It would be better than the magazines. Not just boaters would know about it the world would.

Last edited by seahawk; 09-26-2003 at 06:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Bobby Saccenti Vistis SCOPE!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.