Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Check your Insurance policies for this... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/60149-check-your-insurance-policies.html)

Cash Bar 10-15-2003 01:31 PM

Will post the HIN # tonight or early AM. I did notify Fountain and they are paying attention to parts orders.

Greg

SHARKEY-IMAGES 01-11-2004 07:47 PM

Any luck finding the boat or any parts?:confused:

Comanche3Six 01-11-2004 08:53 PM

Insurance Companies love to put in exclusions. Sneaky Bastards. Good Luck with your situation.

Cash Bar 01-11-2004 09:38 PM

Thanks for the support. Since the thief, sorry, ACCUSED THIEF, has been caught new info. should come this week.

I'll post away as soon as I know something.

Greg

boatme 01-12-2004 05:06 AM

I think insuring a high performance boat with an insurance company that really doesn’t know what the hell they are insuring is asking for trouble

I have my home and my cars covered through State Farm but as far as my Cigarette We go through World Wide Marine Underwriters
This is what they specialize in BOATS!!!!!!! All types especially PERFORMANCE. They do NO cars and NO homes

You wouldn’t by your performance parts at K Mart why buy Insurance from a insurance company that specializes in car and Home insurance

I know that State Farm and many other Insurance company are MUCH cheaper but when you have a loss like this it becomes expensive in a hurry

Moral to the story is ---- Go to the guys that specialize in PERFORMANCE boat insurance!!! But even then make sure you tell them where you boat and what is under the hatch

I just herd another story of someone over here in northern country that took his boat to FL and didn’t tell his Insurance Co

They had him Insured for a winter lay-up and now guy has a claim. It is being denied because he didn’t make a phone call to inform his insurance Co that he was going boating during the lay-up period

Even the best insurance isn’t worth a damn if you don’t make sure you are covered for the area you boat and the power you run

With escalating Insurance rates we all are looking to save some money but expecting a mainstream insurance company to understand the costs and liability of a PERFORMANCE boat is asking for trouble

Just my .03

bford1 01-12-2004 04:41 PM

Insurance Companies Hate Bad publicity Also

The advice about a lawyer above is absolutely correct. You need to get one and also file a complaint with your State's Insurance Dept. Insurance companies have lawyers on staff to deal with your lawyer. They want to stay out of court and may settle. While you ultimately will need a lawyer to deal with their lawyer I can tell you there's one thing that insurance companies hate more than court rooms - bad press. State Farm doesn't want to end up on the news or in the papers about denying legitemate claims. It's bad for business. It may take you a while but you can win (or at least partially win) this fight with the insurance company. Don't let up on 'em.

Dblvanos 01-13-2004 11:54 AM

How about every OSO member emails Allstate expressing disgust with how this situation has been handled by the insurer. That should open a few eyes.
Tim

Cash Bar 01-13-2004 02:06 PM

Dblvanos, That would open a few eyes, and I love the suggestion.

I do think we should send them to STATE FARM though.

Thanks,
Greg