Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   PEACE among OSO member PLEASE! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/60232-peace-among-oso-member-please.html)

Shane 09-28-2003 10:39 AM

PEACE among OSO member PLEASE!

I have been reflecting last night and this morning as I work on my snowmobile in my garage on this CHITTY Sunday. As most of you know I personally enjoy debating topics of interest. If for nothing more than the intellectually stimulating nature of them. However, the recent threads about APBA, Lee Mills, The LLC, etc have really got me thinking. I know it was said several times but I felt strongly enough about it that I believe this thought deserves its own thread.

Although we all have differing opinions, we must maintain focus on our objective. And that is to make Offshore Racing better each season. It is certainly easy for anyone (myself included) to Monday morning quarterback anything, especially when we have no monetary interest at stake. That being said, I want to go on record and state specifically that I hope we can continue to discuss this and other important topics effecting our sport. Whether we are racers, fans, owners, former racers, sponsors or any combination of the above, we must work together. That does not mean we should not question the actions of anyone at any time. If there is a legitimate reason to question someone's actions or lack thereof feel free to do so. But, keep in mind we need to do it in a respectful manner. I admit, in the past I have not always practiced what I am preaching and I will have to live with that. On the particular topic of APBA/Lee Mills however, I have always been respectful. However, that does not mean I or we, cannot make a concerted effort to more respectful and debate/discuss these things maturly and repstfully. Keep in mind we will never always agree. If we did the world would be a very boring place. Unfortuantely, however, because we are so passionate about our sport our emotions tend to get the best of us. I am just as guilty in this department. I am/will continue to do my best. This does not meant however, that if you get screwed by someone that you don't share it. By all means, lay it on the table for all of us to learn from. Let's try to all work together to further the sport, and when do not agree, that is okay and healthy and it surely does not mean that we cannot share a drink or two and still be friends.

Cheers to all and safe racing.:)

Miller 09-28-2003 11:19 AM

Your posts of late are TOO LONG for me to finish (I bet no one ever accused you of being too long before, :eek:). Please forward me the abridged versions from now on so I don't hurt my eyes reading!!! :D

Allan4 09-28-2003 11:48 AM

IMHO, the best way to improve the sport is to get everyone on the same page and take a single minded approach to improvement and longevity. You can't have everyone going 30 different directions and expect steady growth and improvement. As well, the sport needs to be more fan freindly....many ways to accomplish this. One of them is to not cancel scheduled races. Fans do not like uncertainty when planning a $2k trip to see an event.

Just my .02. Open to interpretation, ofcourse:)

CAP071 09-28-2003 12:08 PM

Soon as you said SNOW you lost my interest! :D

ModMachine 09-28-2003 12:10 PM

Hows your dad doing Shane?

Hot Boat 09-28-2003 02:29 PM

Re: PEACE among OSO member PLEASE!

Originally posted by Shane
I have been reflecting last night and this morning as I work on my snowmobile in my garage on this CHITTY Sunday. As most of you know I personally enjoy debating topics of interest. If for nothing more than the intellectually stimulating nature of them. However, the recent threads about APBA, Lee Mills, The LLC, etc have really got me thinking. I know it was said several times but I felt strongly enough about it that I believe this thought deserves its own thread.

Although we all have differing opinions, we must maintain focus on our objective. And that is to make Offshore Racing better each season. It is certainly easy for anyone (myself included) to Monday morning quarterback anything, especially when we have no monetary interest at stake. That being said, I want to go on record and state specifically that I hope we can continue to discuss this and other important topics effecting our sport. Whether we are racers, fans, owners, former racers, sponsors or any combination of the above, we must work together. That does not mean we should not question the actions of anyone at any time. If there is a legitimate reason to question someone's actions or lack thereof feel free to do so. But, keep in mind we need to do it in a respectful manner. I admit, in the past I have not always practiced what I am preaching and I will have to live with that. On the particular topic of APBA/Lee Mills however, I have always been respectful. However, that does not mean I or we, cannot make a concerted effort to more respectful and debate/discuss these things maturly and repstfully. Keep in mind we will never always agree. If we did the world would be a very boring place. Unfortuantely, however, because we are so passionate about our sport our emotions tend to get the best of us. I am just as guilty in this department. I am/will continue to do my best. This does not meant however, that if you get screwed by someone that you don't share it. By all means, lay it on the table for all of us to learn from. Let's try to all work together to further the sport, and when do not agree, that is okay and healthy and it surely does not mean that we cannot share a drink or two and still be friends.

Cheers to all and safe racing.:)

Shane so what you saying is

" Blaa BaBla ba ba ...bla ....bla .....bla Bla..... Bla Bla .... Bla Bla...... Bla..... Blablbbla....Bla Bla Bla .... bla...blablabbla .....bla bla bla bla bal Bla Bla.... bla Bla Bla ...Bla ..... Bla Bla .... BLa abL dabel cabable ... baalaai... Bla ...Bllllaaabala Blu bolaba , Ba Ba Booey, Ba Ba Booey, Ba Ba Booey"

If anyone wants my opinion on this matter Please fee free to give me a call rather than waste space on the OSO server.

sorry Shane I had to , :p LOL

Shane 09-28-2003 03:47 PM

Re: Re: PEACE among OSO member PLEASE!

Originally posted by Hot Boat
Shane so what you saying is

" Blaa BaBla ba ba ...bla ....bla .....bla Bla..... Bla Bla .... Bla Bla...... Bla..... Blablbbla....Bla Bla Bla .... bla...blablabbla .....bla bla bla bla bal Bla Bla.... bla Bla Bla ...Bla ..... Bla Bla .... BLa abL dabel cabable ... baalaai... Bla ...Bllllaaabala Blu bolaba , Ba Ba Booey, Ba Ba Booey, Ba Ba Booey"

If anyone wants my opinion on this matter Please fee free to give me a call rather than waste space on the OSO server.

sorry Shane I had to , :p LOL

bababaBOOEY!:D

Shane 09-28-2003 03:47 PM

Originally posted by ModMachine
Hows your dad doing Shane?
MUCH MUCH better THANKS!:)

otis311 09-28-2003 07:41 PM

Hey Paul, Thats about all he ever says anyways Isnt it ??? He just takes much longer to say it than me or you lmao

Bob

Shane 09-28-2003 08:01 PM

Originally posted by OTIS311
Hey Paul, Thats about all he ever says anyways Isnt it ??? He just takes much longer to say it than me or you lmao

Bob

:p :p :p :p