Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Rock The Bay....... rocked! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/60285-rock-bay-rocked.html)

T2x 09-29-2003 10:44 AM

Rock The Bay....... rocked!

Special thanks to Jeff Jennings and his group for a super run on the Chesapeake Saturday.

Great people, great boats, well organized and user friendly......

Starting the Cats last meant 6 cats had to drive around thirty vee bottoms....... and 30 wakes..... especially problematical if you're in a 28' cat.......... something to, perhaps, rethink next time. Other than that...kudos to all involved.

Followed it up with a Sunday lunch run down the Bay in Ray and Melanie Contreras' beautiful 36 Skater (ex Kilo Cat's)...with Bud and Gail Tresch's invincible "On the Prowl" and Gary and Karen Bicker's "Danger Zone" 36' Skaters in our trio.

Special thanks to Doug Lewis and his Professional Marine Racing Crew...... for making sure that all 4 boats out of his shop didn't have one burp all weekend...... truly amazing when you think about it.... considering that they were some of the fastest boats at the event (including the top two).

T2x

WARPAINT 09-29-2003 02:59 PM

T2X, were you on the all white 28 Skater?That boat is fast as hell!I watched that boat pick off all the boats one by one.Ran nice and level.That boat impressed me more than any boat in the run.No offense to the owner of Warparty;) Thanks Ike, yet another awesome day on Warparty!!

T2x 09-29-2003 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by WARPAINT
T2X, were you on the all white 28 Skater?That boat is fast as hell!I watched that boat pick off all the boats one by one.Ran nice and level.That boat impressed me more than any boat in the run.No offense to the owner of Warparty;) Thanks Ike, yet another awesome day on Warparty!!
The only all white Skater I saw was a new style inboard 32 and you're right....he ran very well.....

My boat is an outboard......... with a .......um......"unique" paint job.... I had the only 28 Skater in the event....so if you meant mine...... Thank you.....she chugs right along....for a lil' ol' outboard ;)

T2x........

With apologies to Randy Nuzzo....I'm gonna buy a picture...honest I am

T2x 09-29-2003 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's an interesting shot......... How many of you can space your air time right out of the frame?

I think I'll call this one...."A kiss upon re-entry"

T2x......... still obsolete...... but tricky
:p

WickedWon 09-29-2003 03:59 PM

This Run's On My Short List

Grew up on the bay and look forward to hauling back there next summer for a weekend. Was it successful enough that the powers to be will repeat ? I know it's not my favorite water ( flat ) but.......should I put it on the calendar ?

T2x I think you need to buy two pictures ;) BTW in that water I can only go fast enough to "annoy" you in your Skater :D :D

JD

LEOPAJM 09-29-2003 04:02 PM

Re: This Run's On My Short List

Originally posted by WickedWon
Grew up on the bay and look forward to hauling back there next summer for a weekend. Was it successful enough that the powers to be will repeat ? I know it's not my favorite water ( flat ) but.......should I put it on the calendar ?

T2x I think you need to buy two pictures ;) BTW in that water I can only go fast enough to "annoy" you in your Skater :D :D

JD

Not half as fast as he could "annoy" you at the bar !:D

T2x 09-30-2003 10:01 AM

As you can see from some of my other posts...I'm easily annoyed..... but not at the bar.;)

T2x