Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Alum Creek thread (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/60298-new-alum-creek-thread.html)

HyperBaja 09-29-2003 02:12 PM

New Alum Creek thread

Event will take place Saturday October 18. Start time will be whenever everyone makes it, hopefully before noon.

Directions (Taken from Flyin Brian)
From Cleveland: Take I-71 south to the US 36 & SR 37/Sunbury Exit. Turn right at the top of the ramp heading west. Follow US 36/SR 37 to S. Three B's & K Rd. Turn left on S. Three B's & K Rd. (south). Stay on this road until you reach Chesire Rd. Turn right on Chesire Rd. (west). This will take you over the lake, once you get to the west side of the lake, get ready to turn left on Old State Rd.(south). Follow Old State Rd. to Hollenback Rd. Watch for the ramp signs and marina signs, turn left. This will dead end right where you need to be.

From Toledo: Take US23 south to Chesire Rd. Turn left onto Chesire, (east). Follow Chesire Rd. to Old State Rd. where you will turn right, (south). Follow Old State Rd. to Hollenback Rd. Watch for the ramp signs and marina signs, turn left. This will dead end right where you need to be.

From Columbus: You should know the way already!

From Cinci: Take I-71 North to Columbus. Exit west onto I-270 (Indianapolis). Follow I-270 for 15 or so miles to the north end of Columbus. Exit north to US23. Follow US23 north to Lewis Center Rd., turn right onto Lewis Center Rd. Follow Lewis Center Rd. to Old State Rd. (4 way stop), turn left. Follow Old State Rd. to Hollenback Rd. Watch for the ramp signs and marina signs, turn right. This will dead end right where you need to be.

The main section of the lake is approx 3 Miles long, by 2 miles at the widest. There is 1 more section (beautiful in the fall with the trees) of Open Zone, then after that, all no wake.

The docks should still be in the water.

There is food, ice, gas (BP 90) available, bait and tackle too

Leave your booze plans off the internet, DNR had computers also.

THRILLSEEKER 09-29-2003 02:49 PM

who's definately in for the night?

Allan4 09-29-2003 05:14 PM

Suggestion....make it which ever Day the Ceasar's run is not. Example....if they are running Sunday, keep yours Fri...and vice versa.

I will be there, not sure on the party. We'll see.

packinair 09-29-2003 05:20 PM

this has become way to confusing.. I doubt I will make it

Allan4 09-29-2003 05:45 PM

I mean Saturday, not Friday. My bad.

Scarab3DMC 09-30-2003 07:32 AM

Gonna come down with Bigdaddy and his 33 AVS Scarab.. we will be there!!!!!

JUSTONCE 09-30-2003 07:35 AM

Oct.4th, or Oct 18th.

388Hustler 09-30-2003 11:12 AM

Since the fishing tourney screwed up the w/e of 10/4 for us, why don't you guys come down to Louisville for the hydro races?

Dean

HyperBaja 09-30-2003 02:11 PM

The 18. Forget everything about the 4th, it is a fishing weekend, and the 13 is a blow boat fest.

HyperBaja 09-30-2003 04:59 PM

Ill throw in an all you can eat (until restaurant is out of food) breakfast for 3.00$