Ford Would Not Give My Truck Back!!!!!! >

Ford Would Not Give My Truck Back!!!!!!

Notices

Ford Would Not Give My Truck Back!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 02:39 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Would Not Give My Truck Back!!!!!!

Had my F-350 at the local dealer for an Oil & Filter change two weeks ago.

I told them that the speedo was way off and asked if they could fix it. When running 70 MPH on GPS, the speedo read 79 MPH. At 48 MPH GPS the speedo read 55 MPH.

They said they would look into it and see what they could do. Went back to pick it up and they said I needed to take it to a local shop that calibrates speedo's and have them to fix it at my expense, that there was nothing they could do.

The dealer takes pride in their 100 point check at service time, but missed the fact that the state inspection had expired.

I called him the next day when I noticed the inspection and he said to bring the truck right over. I got in his face about the speedo. After giving it some thought I felt that Ford should take care of it. The truck only had 19,000 miles and was just a year old.

He agreed and again said he would see what he could do.

Well 5PM came around and I was riding to the dealership with an employee when my cell phone rang.
He said he had good news and bad news. The good news is that he inspected the truck and all is fine, and they did determine that the speedo was out beyond what Ford finds to be acceptable and that repairs would be made at Ford's expense.

The bad news is that Ford will not allow me to take posession of the truck back until the repairs are made, that they did not want to be responsible for and tickets or accidents because the speedo reads wrong.

At that moment I drove up to the service window and was looking him face to face. This was a Friday and we were planning to be on the lake the next day.

He told me he was not able to let me take the truck and asked if I had a ride home?

Very nicely I told him that I was taking my F-350 home tonight or one of his new F-350's, that it did not matter to me.

I was the one that founf the problem, brought it to their attention, and was given the run around the first time I brought it in and now they want to impound my truck until repairs are made. He said that he could have a whole new dask unit in my Monday and they could not allow me to put miles on the truck because the new unit would be set with the currect mileage.

When I would not take no for an answer, he when and got the service manager you started to expalin to be all the same crap! They realized at that point that I was going to tow my boat that weekend with something from their lot and they finally decided it would be best with my truck and handed over the keys.

My argument was that because the speedo was wrong that I probably had more miles showing than I had driven, the service dates were off, the fuel mile reading were off and they probably owed by extra warranty miles and a free service!

Well the truck is fixed and the speedo is correct!

Sorry to be so long! Hope this helps someone. According to the dealer, Ford will make the repair under warranty if the truck is still in warranty and the speedo is incorrect by 10% at 45 MPH.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, Damn Dock....That's the biggest load. I would have done the same thing; just be glad you got the truck back.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

whip out the old calculater,figure out the excess mileage on the dash and let ferd know that you are pissed off,not at dealer level but direct to ferd in motor city. Demand that they extend your warranty to make up the difference. If that fails,contact your attourney general or what ever it is you guys have and ask if it was legal to sell you the truck with a wacky speedo in the first place.

By my calculations,your ODO should read somewhere around 16,500 to 16,800 miles right now,not 19000.

Last edited by Airpacker; 09-25-2003 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geez, what a run around. Hmm...well gotta say it....I wouldn't have had that trouble at my Chevy dealership I heard they had a recall on those powerstroke, all the extra heat coming off the turbo's effecting instrument readings. Come to find out that when under any kind of towing stress the turbo overloads with heat!

Glad you got it fixed and you can splash the boat. Just rattling your chain.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:15 PM
Registered

For crying out loud, how many miles could it have been off by using it for the weekend? 6 to 8? Hell I would have pressed harder for a rental F-350

Geeze
Roby
Old 09-25-2003, 03:52 PM
Registered

I would have been funny to call the cops for vehicle theft..
Old 09-25-2003, 04:04 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The problem with the speeding ticket deal is the speedo is reading HIGH, not low, so your likely hood of getting a ticket is about ZERO!!!! As you know I have had my fair share of run arounds with Ford and it is some times the dealers other times Ford themselves. Lets just put it this way ALL American car manufacturers DO NOT care about the customers.

Jon
Old 09-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Registered

bmw never treated me that way, and my bmw has lasted way longer than any ford, something to think about.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Registered

Ever try to tow a boat with that beemer of yours.

BTW; you can't really blame Ford. Blame all of the frivolous lawsuits that the trial lawyers have brought on these companies.

I am glad that the dealer used common sense and gave you your truck back.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Airpacker

By my calculations,your ODO should read somewhere around 16,500 to 16,800 miles right now,not 19000.

Hey they charge you 15 cents a mile when your over on a lease, so according to the figures above, 2500 X .15 = $375.00, tell em you'll accept their check.

Quick Reply: Ford Would Not Give My Truck Back!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.