If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hull Shades

Danvers, Mass

Hull Shades

Looking at the new Pantera 35' F2 Black hull (What a Beautiful rig ) I was wondering why more boats are made other then White? Is it more expensive to produce? Being to hot in the summer? Harder to keep clean? or just not to many people want them? I always loved the look of them and someday hopefully being able to obtain one. Jo
    Last edited by Joe Todesca; 10-03-2003 at 11:28 AM.

My Boats:
    2017 30 Concept, 300 Verados, Superboat Y2k and 24OS (sold)
    LaPlata, MD, USA
    I think the cost of a different color is not a factor considering the price of some boats. I thinks its a personal preference. I personally don't care for dark colored boats. Here's what I prefer ....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've heard Bleack is really hard to clean. I'd own a black boat as long as it had light colored interior.

My Boats:
    I owned a Formula with a Burgandy hull. It was a pain to keep clean. Problem was that the dried water spots from the water splashing on the hull when running. When i would pull into the cove i would always jump in the water with a rag to get the spots off so it didn't look dirty.

Plus the sun really fades the colors. You can't really notice a White hull chalking as compared to a colored one.

Deland, Florida
    I can tell you from experience a black truck is IMPOSSIBLE to keep looking clean.

My Boats:
    94 43SC Black Thunder
    A black deck will get cracks from heat expansion.

My Boats:
    Stray Cat Statement Marine
    USR, NJ
    My nieghbor has a sport fish with a dark blue hull and I always thought that was a pretty dumb idea. If that thing ever capsized in the cayon they would have a very hard time spotting it from a plane.

A guy I know has a mostly black Checkmate and dried water on it looks like ****, you can see every little dirty spot on it "worse than on a car" the dried water is the worst. If you can keep them clean they look awesome, but good luck!

Gold Member Gold Member RebarBox's Avatar
    My Boats:
    05' Cobalt 343, 28' Cigarette a.k.a (Bicycle), 91' Ciglett, 08' Tahoe 215, plus some other crap.
    Grove, Oklahoma
    I think black is cool looking and it gets lots of looks but its a hot mother! Mine had dark maroon interior until last spring - the new white interior helps a lot! And I have to clean and wipe down before EVERY use.

We tie up boat to boat where we go to drink and get a lot if nose walkers going boat to boat. Most have learned to walk back to my sun lounge and go across and the ones that haven't learned - get a very quick lesson.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'Inez - Get them panties off' Quote - Roy D. Mercer

Charter Member #1015 Charter Member stevebaretta's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 Marada MX-3
    St. Joseph, MO
    A buddy of mine has a black Cobalt and it's beautiful but requires constant cleaning and detailing. You would want to have to committ to the upkeep, if you wanted it to look sharp.
    Elvis was a boater too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast