Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Carolina memebers....need help >

Carolina memebers....need help

Notices

Carolina memebers....need help

Old 10-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Default Carolina memebers....need help

Well we have traveled as far south as Key Largo and we're heading back through the Carolinas. A great trip so far but we havnt fallen in love with anything. We followed the coast most of the way but we would like to check out some areas on larger lakes to purchase property. I see a few lakes on the map but have no idea what areas we should be checking. We are in a hotel tonight outside Charlotte SC that has interenet. Plan is to head towards Lake Norman then NC. If anyone can help, Ill try and check back on this thread. Our cell phone is 708-426-3564.

PS. We are staying away from the coast for now and would like to find a nice town on a larger lake or waterway.

Old 10-05-2003, 09:42 PM
WES311SR1

LAKE HARTWELL IN ANDERSON S.C. JUST FOLLOW I-85 INTO UPSTATE S.C..

Old 10-05-2003, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live on Lake Murray in Chapin, SC. It is about 20 minutes from Columbia and about 1.5 hrs from Charlotte. The lake is 50,000 acres and the Schools are great for kids.

If you would like to come here and visit I would be glad to help you locate some places of interest. One of my close friend's is a realtor who specializes in Lake property.

The lake is 15' down for repairs to the dam (corp of engineers requirement) but will be back to normal levels sometime next year. The area is nice and still relatively undeveloped and inexpensive (compared to coastal areas). Plus we are less than 2 hours from the coast.

If you would like any more info on Lake Murray or would like me to help just post a response and I will call your number.

Here is the Lake Murray website.

link
Old 10-05-2003, 10:14 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Clearcut, email me your phone number at [email protected] and Ill call you tomorrow. We are going to head towards Lake Murray in the morning.
Thanks,
Chris

Old 10-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Chris,

I haved lived both on Lake Norman/Wylie and Lake Murray SC. Norman has gotten real pricey, with all of the Nascar drivers and athletes living on it. Although Norman was beautiful its worse than Manhatten traffic on a nice weekend day, Murray is a little more lade back except with the bass buggies cruising at about 80 mph just to get to that fish that much quicker. Good luck in your search
Old 10-05-2003, 10:25 PM
Registered

Just sent you an email!!
Old 10-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Give me a call 704-634-9004 I boat on Lake Norman.

David Ledford

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 10-06-2003, 12:58 AM
Mr. Demeanor

I guess we are throwing the John H. Kerr resevoir near Clarksville Virginia into the pot as well if anyone has any info?

Old 10-06-2003, 04:04 AM
Registered

Kerr is not developed yet like Gaston is. The Clarksville area, while beautiful, has very few opportunities to make a buck. The south end will give you acess to Henderson and Raleigh NC. Gets cold in the winter, may not be what you are looking for. Good luck.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hartwell and Keowee in upstate SC. Hartwell is a very large lake run by the Army Corp of Engineers. There are some upscale communities, and also moderate priced communities. Keowee is a Duke Power lake and it is somewhat smaller than Hartwell but it is still a nice lake. It is at the base of the mountains, and the view is fantastic. The houses on Keowee are very nice.

Quick Reply: Carolina memebers....need help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.