Notices

Go Buc's !!!!

Old 10-07-2003, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear the Buc's are having a press conferance at 11:00 to dispute. We'll see what happens. It's not like it will change anything tho. Damn, I didn't get in till 2:30 this am........and my eye's are red. Dave
Old 10-07-2003, 03:53 PM
RacingFan4Ever

Originally posted by Audiofn

Not likely that the Bucks would have won anyhow. They were TOTALLY inefective at moving the ball on offence in the last quarter and in overtime. The only reason that they got the first down in overtime was that LAME roughing the passer call then they gave it over in downs after that when they were only able to get 4 yards in 4 downs. Tupa did do a great acting job however. Gees wish we could get players like him......Oh ya he used to play with the Pats

The reason the ball was not effectively moved in the last quarter was because almost half of the regualr offense was not on the field...9 team members were hurt last night, one of them being Alstott, even though he was questionable before the game. Pittman was out during the end of the last quarter, and all of over time. So this makes a difference too. The Bucs were using alot of their second string.

If the penalty never had happened, the field goal would've been no good. The bucs could've had their chance to march down the field again, and try their hand at scoring and succedded. They could've won, if it wasn't for the bad call. Rice leaped into the air on his own, never using any player as leverage, and came down barely landing on his own teammate ( to me it looked like his knees touched a player)....yes, the offense pushed his teammates back...which in turn made him land on some one. It was a bad call, no matter how you look at it.

I will agree with every one, it was definitely a nail biting game.....and a very good one at that. My nails are shot..lol.

Connie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No Matter how much confidence you may have....Bay City eats boats." Chris Fairchild - Hooters racing team, June 2003

Last edited by RacingFan4Ever; 10-07-2003 at 04:07 PM.

Old 10-07-2003, 04:18 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Just curious... Did Mr Wardey stay for the entire game???? and did he do so soberly??
Old 10-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Registered

Ummmm yes and uh, no. Way too many of those born to date beers !!! Dave
Old 10-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they lost that game EAGLES style
Old 10-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Registered

I'm done talking smack when the Bucs are up by 14 plus points. It always brings bad luck.

Fact remains, Tony Dungee built alot of this team, and this situation was similar to the Bucs vs. Raiders at the Superbowl. When you've coached the opposing team, you have an advantage. Tony's played alot of games at Ray Jay, coached alot of Bucs players, and like someone said earlier, eventually, the Colts caught on to the Bucs game plan, and ended up beating them. Humility is a good thing every once in awhile.

I'm actually surprised that Pittman played, and played so well in the first half. He was in the hospital the day before, getting tanked up on fluids.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:44 PM
RacingFan4Ever

Originally posted by Dirty Race Girl
I'm done talking smack when the Bucs are up by 14 plus points. It always brings bad luck.

Fact remains, Tony Dungee built alot of this team, and this situation was similar to the Bucs vs. Raiders at the Superbowl. When you've coached the opposing team, you have an advantage. Tony's played alot of games at Ray Jay, coached alot of Bucs players, and like someone said earlier, eventually, the Colts caught on to the Bucs game plan, and ended up beating them. Humility is a good thing every once in awhile.

I'm actually surprised that Pittman played, and played so well in the first half. He was in the hospital the day before, getting tanked up on fluids.
I agree with you, Dungee did have an advantage, he knew how most of the defense played...so he could adjust accordingly. It just took them a bit longer to make the adjustments, and when they did, the defense was worn out, so it was easier.

Today, Alstott is out for the rest of the season. They have signed Vinny Ciurciu (LB), resigned Charles Lee ( WR) and signed Justin Smith (LB) from the pratice squad to help replace those who are injured.

Connie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No matter how much confindence you may have...Bay City eats boats" Chris Fairchild, Hooters racing team, June 2003

Old 10-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

I hated watching the bucs lose. I wanted the Colts to go down.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:14 PM
Banned

Originally posted by RacingFan4Ever
I agree with you, Dungee did have an advantage, he knew how most of the defense played
I don't buy into that theory. He wouldn't have waited 56 minutes into the game to use such an advantage.

The defense just thought they had already won the game and quit playing, plain and simple. 35 points should hold up every time for our "great" defense!

Still bitter!
Old 10-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Johnny Majors, here at UT, was a big believer in the "prevent defense". It lost the Vols more games than I cre to recount.

Quick Reply: Go Buc's !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.