Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   O/T Ryan Newman does it again (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/60808-o-t-ryan-newman-does-again.html)

cuda 10-06-2003 05:21 PM

I heard on the radio today that Nascar just might take this car completly apart. I don't know if it was a valid source, I was only half paying attention since I didn't even know who Ryan Newman was.:rolleyes:

F1-00 Racing 10-06-2003 05:52 PM

My question is why isnt Rusty doing as well? Isnt he Team Penske South? But being from the heart of Nascar country I remember when Gordon won 13 races one year he was accused of cheating. When you put together a consistant program in any style of racing it has always been human nature for the fingers to start pointing

X-Rated30 10-06-2003 06:59 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
... Or, is the only proof that something is amiss is that the competition is whining because they are losing and they need proof before then can grab the car??
Hey Trout -- Do I sense a little pent up professional frustration toward the Warrant Clause and Amend. IV ?!?!?
:D :D :D :D :D

robyw1 10-10-2003 10:24 AM

SURPRISE Ryan Newman gets another pole for this weekend. I hope that beating everyone will put the cheating rumors to rest.

GO 12
Roby

28SS 10-10-2003 11:12 AM

One area not mentioned was a practice used years ago.
The fill can had more volume than allowed . so for example. car takes on 2 cans supposed to be (guess)
20 gal instead he puts in 25 gal. every bit counts. just
a theory don't shoot the messenger:eek:

C_Spray 10-10-2003 12:48 PM

Some notes from the inside

[list=1][*]Roger Penske will never, EVER condone cheating. Rule-flexing? Sure. Cheating? NO WAY.[*]Ryan's car(s) have already been impounded and inspected (in full public view) several times this season. Results - clean as a whistle every time.[*]Several other drivers pitted on the same lap and therefore made the same mileage.[*]When fuel is dispensed into the refueling cans, it is weighed on a very accurate set of scales to make sure each can gets exactly the same mass of fuel.[*]Ryan Newman has a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Purdue which helps him understand what is going on with the car from a very deep technical point of view.[*]Matt Borland (Ryan's Crew Chief) also has an Engineering degree. Same benefits as #5.[*]All the competitors *****ed about Jeff Gordon a few years ago, too. He was legal.[*]Rusty is indeed Ryan's team mate and they share all information, but each crew is free to make their own decisions.[*]There's a lot to be said for "momentum". When you're on a roll, you feel confident, you're more relaxed, smoother, and you think better.[*]If you're being beat, and you put all your energy into hating your opponent, your car/team doesn't get any better for it. If you put your energy into making your car/team better, pretty soon you're the one everyone hates. (Works for sanctioning bodies, too... ;) )[*]Roger Penske will never, EVER condone cheating.[/list=1]

Shane 10-10-2003 01:28 PM

Re: Some notes from the inside

Originally posted by C_Spray
[list=1][*]Roger Penske will never, EVER condone cheating. Rule-flexing? Sure. Cheating? NO WAY.[*]Ryan's car(s) have already been impounded and inspected (in full public view) several times this season. Results - clean as a whistle every time.[*]Several other drivers pitted on the same lap and therefore made the same mileage.[*]When fuel is dispensed into the refueling cans, it is weighed on a very accurate set of scales to make sure each can gets exactly the same mass of fuel.[*]Ryan Newman has a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Purdue which helps him understand what is going on with the car from a very deep technical point of view.

Purdue?! What do you know about engineering degrees from Purdue? How ya doin' Chuck? Glad to see you post. Tell the Admiral I said hello and an early CONGRATS to you both! :p ;)
[*]Matt Borland (Ryan's Crew Chief) also has an Engineering degree. Same benefits as #3.[*]All the competitors *****ed about Jeff Gordon a few years ago, too. He was legal.[*]Rusty is indeed Ryan's team mate and share all information, but each crew is free to make their own decisions.[*]There's a lot to be said for "momentum". When you're on a roll, you feel confident, you're more relaxed, smoother, and you think better.[*]If you're being beat, and you put all your energy into hating your opponent, your car/team doesn't get any better for it. If you put your energy into making your car/team better, pretty soon you're the one everyone hates. (Works for sanctioning bodies, too... ;) )[*]Roger Penske will never, EVER condone cheating.[/list=1]

CAP071 10-10-2003 02:08 PM

Sounds like the old days I bet The King Petty is sitting back laughing just as they picked on him for Kickin pure azz with his cars