Notices

Trip to Chicago

Old 10-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Trip to Chicago

Hi gang , the wife and I are going to Chicago for the weekend, as she is running the Chicago Marathon on Sunday. We are going to be there for 5 days ( our first time there)and would love some input on dinning and party places. Also wouldn't mind hooking up with OSO'ers from the area see some of Chicago area marine hardware. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rick G.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:01 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

HANDS DOWN; best Chicago Pizza, any of the Connie's Pizza restaurants. Do not miss. There are several.

(I took my soon to be boss there when I was interviewing, and that sealed the deal.)
Old 10-06-2003, 01:26 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 913 Likes on 459 Posts

Connies Pizza is good, so is Pizzaria UNO, and theres Ginos East....infact there are a TON of great places to eat in Chicago.
Party place are too many to mention! All depends on what kind of place you want to go to. Good place to start is Division street (area of Division and State)......theres probably 30+bars and clubs in a 5min walk.
As for Marine Hardware....well its getting cold here so i dont knwo how many will be out at this time but ya never know with the weather we get around here! Supposed to climb back into the 80's this week!!! Still may just get that last trip in this year!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Excaliber is a really over-cheezed club downtown, if it is still there. Dave & Busters downtown is also a nice place to have fun.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:35 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uno's is good. Havn't been to Connies. I recall there being alot of shops by the Navy Pier. A big mall? You also have to make some time to walk around the loop. Some pretty amazing things. Sears tower, John Hancock, State of Illinois are all neat buildings. I can't recall the names of some of the more "architecturally" significant buildings, but there are several of those too. The shed (?) aquarium is supposed to be neat, but I've never been to it. I was to some botanical gardens that were really cool. Of course there is the museum of Science and industry too. Gotta see that.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Uno's is a little better in the actual city of Chicago, compared to the rest of the US-wide chain, but save going to Uno's for your local mall.

http://www.conniespizza.com/

Best location/decor:

http://www.conniespizza.com/locs_archer.htm
Old 10-06-2003, 02:03 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Excalibur is where they send all the out-of towners to......i dont know if the owners have some deal worked out with the local hotels or what but yea its a bit "over-cheezed" like you said......probably since its soo close to rock-n-roll McDonalds and the Hard Rock.....on the Plus side theres a Hooters about a block from there!
We also have the House of Blues right there along the river.....which is also nice to walk along. Navy pier is cool to check out as well.....its alot better in the summer when the beer garden is in full swing with the live bands and all but its still fun what ever the season is.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

WE are staying right down town. We both like to dance R&B type bars, good live music , maybe a little jazz. Got to go out and celebrate the race . a nicer dinning place would be nice , Any thoughts. Thanks Rick G. P.S.great suggestions so far.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:35 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

If you want a little bit of everything i would go to the State and Rush st area.....nice mix of everything in a close walking distance. They have Gillys retro and piano bar. A jazz club i forget the name of and a bunch of other small places. Couple of good restaurants right there too.......then right up the street (about 2 blocks up) at State and Division is where more of the dance bars are at....like Alumni Club, Mothers 1 & 2, etc...

Old 10-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by cashbrain
Just for the record...UNO'S invented deep dish pizza...seriously..they were the first pizzaria to make deep dish pizza...and they are still the best...they have two pizzaria's one block from each other Uno's and Due's....a great place to have a cocktail is Harry's Black Velvet Room and there are a multitude of places to eat...like Tavern on Rush, Mas, and any place on Taylor Street...not to mention Greek Town...
Give me a call and I would be happy to give you more info..BTW...my Wife is also running in the marathon..
773-209-8301
WIFE HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

What kind of **** are you sending these poor people to? Le Colonial for Drinks, TRY Tavern on Rush for Dinner, Nacional 27 for after dinner and Dancing. Any of the museums, Shedd Aq, etc, look out at Sears tower. Walk along Navy Pier or Mag Mile. ENOUGH SAID. If they want Pizza they can stay home.

Quick Reply: Trip to Chicago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.