Your take on buying stolen things >

Your take on buying stolen things

Notices

Your take on buying stolen things

Old 10-06-2003, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your take on buying stolen things

See car stereo equipment for sale a lot at school.... one of those "I got (subs/amp/deck) for sale, ill give it to you for 50$. Does anyone else pass on these kind of "deals" or am I the only one? Kinda morally wrong.....someone explained it to me (A mustang fan, that explains it) "If I dont buy it, someone else will buy it, and why dont I just get the good deal."
Old 10-06-2003, 04:42 PM
FWK

How would you feel if it was your equipment one of those thieves were selling?

Old 10-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was covering for a co-worker in NYC back in 85 when I decided to run over to times square to check out the nightlife. Got a little tanked up in a club and headed back to my rental car, while en route I ran into someone selling a car stereo. Passed since I had to piss and was in a hurry. Two blocks later I find my rental car missing a stereo. I went back to find the culprit and started to mix it up a bit when the local boys in blue showed up. We both went down to night court to sort it out. They sent a patrolman out to check my car. I did escape unscathed but what a PITA!
Old 10-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

What FWK said was my first thought! In my eyes it is as close to stealing as you can get without actually taking it yourself. If that is OK with you then start lathering up the soap you will need it in prison
Old 10-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Registered

yeah I agree....i bought one of those deal once...I just couldn't live with it and made the guy give me my money back. More then likely it won't happen....but what if the owner finds out you bought it. I guess if I know it's stolen...then I don't want any part of it.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What goes around comes around . Sooner or Later!!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 05:04 PM
packinair

theives piss me off, people that support theives piss me off.. if you have a nice stereo in your car next time I am down that way and you can't show me a recipt then I am going to knock ya upside the head

Old 10-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Registered

packin.....I stole the subs from my dad, does that count

I saw it as troutly did, more incentive to steal my stuff.

What gets me to, is kids will have their stereo taken, and KNOW FOR A FACT who took it, and will just have mommy and daddy buy them a new one. If I knew someone who took my stereo.....
Old 10-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Banned

I have people coming around to construction sites all the time trying to sell brand new tools for next to nothing. I never buy them, and I wouldn't mind turning them in. Heck, we've had them come buy and ask what we need. One guy told me his cuz worked at Home Depot, and that's where he got them. By buying these things from theives, it just drives up the price for those of us that play by the rules. Some people think that stealing from a company like HD isn't the same. Well it is! They are stealing from each and everyone of the shareholders.

I have absolutely no use for theives. I just fired a long time employee last month because he was charged with shoplifting at Walmart on his day off. I can't take a chance of having a thief work for me.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:14 PM
packinair

Originally posted by HyperBaja
packin.....I stole the subs from my dad, does that count
Make sure you have a signed not from him with a full description if the said subs

Quick Reply: Your take on buying stolen things

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.