Notices

XM Satellite Radio

Old 10-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XM Satellite Radio

As some of you might know XM Radio is coming up on 1 million subscribers. Anyone here subscribe? If so how do you like it. Also if you have it on your boat have you had any reception problems on the water?

Just wondering
Roby
Old 10-09-2003, 10:32 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Reception is great but the integration is lacking IMO. They are a little cumbersom to use IMO. I am sure they will get it there soon enough but as of now it is like the old FM modulated CD players that you NEVER see any more THANK GOD (no offence cat )

Jon
Old 10-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

XM is GREAT, I could not live without it.

In my Excursion I have the old Sony style add on unit and it SUCKS.

In my truck I bought a whole new Sony head unit with integrated XM controls and it is the only way to go.

I do like the new Delfi (spelling) add on unit, I will probably replace the one in the Excursion with that one and also add it to my boat at the same time.

Good luck
Old 10-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally spoiled.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:56 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I owned the stock from $3.
Sold 1/2 at 7.40 and the balance at 9.25.
Now its 18!
Old 10-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Registered

Would you like a Sat radio that you can remove from your truck and use in your boat?. One that does not take any space on the instrument panel (dash)? and uses line in (RCA) and not the adapters?

Come see us at SEMA, Johnson Controls. my team developed the RailPort system that is on the headliner of the new Ford F150 which allows numerous modules to click onto it in seconds. we are working on a satellite radio unit that you will be able to buy aftermarket.

would this Rail system with numerous modules of interest like the following:
Sat radio,
Integrated DVD player/ screen
navigation,
hands free phone(bluetooth technology),
music keg(MP3 storage vault),
satellite TV,
digital radio, etc)

influence your next truck purchase at all ?
we are selling to many of the OEMs. and building a supply base of aftermerket modules.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hardly ever drive my Camaro any more, 'cause I haven't add XM yet.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have my own solution to Paying for 4 XM services
when I should be able to pay for one. Home, car1 car2 and boat. I now pay for 1

Dish Network satellite receivers all contain what's called a TSOP chip. This is a fairly large-size surface-mounted chip on the motherboard that contains the receiver's firmware. This is also the only uniquely identifiable part of the receiver, aside from the smart card (CAM). The TSOP can be reprogrammed through what's called a JTAG port on the bottom of the receiver. This port was intended to be used as a means of testing the receiver during assembly, however it soon became clear that the TSOP could be reprogrammed through the JTAG port by anybody with the proper hardware. Hacking Dish Network sometimes results in a corrupted TSOP (Echostar's attempt at a countermeasure,) so it sometimes needs to be reprogrammed with its original software. A $40 cable purchased off the internet and a copy of your receiver's original firmware is all it takes to reprogram your TSOP through the JTAG port.

So what's this got to do with XM?

XM Radio receivers also contain a TSOP chip - the only uniquely identifiable part of the receiver - but they don't contain a JTAG port. The solution?

Swap the TSOP in a Dish receiver with the one from your XM receiver! Bingo! Now you can access the XM TSOP through the Dish receiver's JTAG port!

Make a full dump of the XM TSOP and store it for future use. Replace it in the XM receiver, and you're set! Pay for just one subscription and you can write the image to as many XM TSOPs as you want!
Attached Thumbnails XM Satellite Radio-xm.jpg  
Old 10-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

huh? . . . . . .what'd he say . . . isnt it only like 8 bucks a month . . . . . just bustin on ya man
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 10-09-2003, 11:18 PM
Registered

Oh that's not good news for people like Stormrider and myself who own stock in the company. I purchased at 3.53 and am still holding on to them today at 17.99. I thought I was gonna lose my azz a couple of months ago when it fell 2.5 points in a day

Roby

Quick Reply: XM Satellite Radio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.