Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Attention A Must See Lee Mills And Key West (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61182-attention-must-see-lee-mills-key-west.html)

ssu 10-11-2003 09:03 AM

Can't cancel have to go anyway. O WELL!!

RJCat 10-11-2003 09:19 AM

just curious,
does anyone know if anyone is registered or has intentions of actually racing with Mr. Mills in key west..or are they not openly saying

stevequick 10-11-2003 09:20 AM

Originally posted by sauron
Obviously this is not a dead horse because new info keeps coming to light. How many boats showup, whether or not any TV coverage, payouts to the winners, we all know of at least one Key West promoter who does not pay his racers.
Roger,
Speaking of 'Dead Horses",everyone still racing with him is paid. Guess he decided to pay them first. Go figure.

Race where you are most comfortable racing. Don't continue to step on my racing. Because you are really stepping on me and my brother racers. None of us appreciate it.

SQ

CAP071 10-11-2003 09:39 AM

I'm willing to bet a round of drinks that more then 40 boats do show up. WHY ? Because they LOVE RACING Thats why. These guy's don't want this BS they just wanna race that's all and we wanna see them race so until I get to KW see you all at the races!

Danny Usnik 10-11-2003 11:41 AM

Originally posted by CAP071
I hope 39 boats show up! :D :p :crazy:

LMFAO,

Over & Out::p :p

timewarp 10-11-2003 01:39 PM

My estimate, if he gets 40 boats,

3 real raceboats,
20 Bayliner Capri's,
and 17 skiffs with outboards...
or some of those little yellow boats they rent in front of the Key House:D :D :D :D :D

eMotiondriver 10-11-2003 03:41 PM

Originally posted by timewarp
My estimate, if he gets 40 boats,

3 real raceboats,
20 Bayliner Capri's,
and 17 skiffs with outboards...
or some of those little yellow boats they rent in front of the Key House:D :D :D :D :D

Who care's what shows up a boat race is a boat race.
As long as everyone has fun.:D

stevequick 10-12-2003 09:06 AM

Hey Mr. Mills, I was thinking.....

I would never do anything to hurt my friends racing in Orange or Deerfield Beach. And I have to admit that if my friends on OSO are correct, I really don't like you. In fact you could really suck. I have not figured that part out yet.

Anyway, I herd you are promoting a race in Key West. I also herd it does not conflict with either of the above events. I really like Key West. I have also been told you have some extra money and you need participants.

I know that someone is close to turning boatracing into Nascar. I really like that idea. I could be paid to race.

But my advanced age, diminished mental and physical capacities and increasing alcohol dependence, might keep me from collecting that first paycheck.

So if you would pay me to race in your event. I could possibly get some of that Nascar money before they force me to retire. Some will call me a whore. But I'm understanding the whore mentality like never before. Why pay someone to do it? Or even do it for free, If someone is willing to pay me for it? I digress...... And ramble.

I would require a 50% deposit up front of course. I won't go into the reason. Let's just call it good business. If this sounds interesting to you Mr. Mills drop me an E-mail (it's published). And my name is Steve Quick

DanB 10-12-2003 10:00 AM

All this talk about "Professional" boat racers. Last I heard a professional got paid to do whatever it is they do. When was the last time you went to work and paid your boss for the privildge?. If the day ever comes that everyone involved in boat racing gets a check then we can call it a professional sport, not a hobby. Not untill then.
just my nickles worth

Dan
F1-83 Screamin Eagle

eMotiondriver 10-12-2003 10:58 AM

Originally posted by DanB
All this talk about "Professional" boat racers. Last I heard a professional got paid to do whatever it is they do. When was the last time you went to work and paid your boss for the privildge?. If the day ever comes that everyone involved in boat racing gets a check then we can call it a professional sport, not a hobby. Not untill then.
just my nickles worth

Dan
F1-83 Screamin Eagle

Duh:eek:

Nailed that one on the head:mad: