Is this baseball or hockey!!!! >

Is this baseball or hockey!!!!

Notices

Is this baseball or hockey!!!!

Old 10-12-2003, 09:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When was the last time I have been to a sport where the competitors hung around after to sign autographs or even just a quick chat? NEVER
Old 10-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

OH wait I'm sorry Yea at the last APBA race I was at!
Old 10-12-2003, 10:11 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
There are getting to be less and less true professionals with class in any sport these days. Kinda too bad.
====

So true and also so sad..

Anyone have ideas why violence in sports id increasing?? Is it the stress of makin $$$??? Is it the new wave culture...???? I am baffeled by the increase..
Old 10-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Registered

CAP071 You should go to a NHRA national event
sometime . The pro drivers and teams are out with
the fans chatting and signing autograhs all weekend long.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

OH yea I was hanging out with John Force years ago at Maple Grove raceway
Old 10-12-2003, 10:23 AM
Banned

I think one of the reasons that people involved in motorsports are more accesible, and less likely to have rap sheets is that it's harder to pick out a great racer in the sixth grade. Let's face it, the kids with outstanding physical gifts stand out from an early age and get coddled throughout their formative years. Who can blame them for feeling they live with a different set of rules than the rest of society, when in fact they have. The motorsport standouts on the other hand, grew up having to follow the rules of society. They had already formed their personalities before they became famous.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Indy
That 72 year old fart almost lost his life after being beaned by a pitcher. He was in a coma for two weeks and has a steel plate in his head as a result of it. But what made him mad was the fact that Pedro stood on the mound and pointed at his head indicating to Posada that he was going to bean him. That's just loser crap as far as I'm concerned. Zim had every right to get mad at Pedro, but should not have gone after him, Posada should have done that and leveled the fool.
Pedro pointed at the guy and said if I wanted to hit you in the head I would have hit you in the head. Do you guys really think that Pedro would intentionally hit the NUMBER 9 batter? Come on!!! He lost that pitch and then everyone went nuts. This is all brought out from the past and Clemens started it back when he was playing for Boston.

As far as Pedro tossing Zimmer to the ground they were both running at one another and Pedro stopped. Zimmer kept charging and came in with a left hook and if you ask me Zim was lucky that the only thing that happened was him being tossed to the side as he was. Zim is the one with no class for trying to hit Pedro. Words back and forth is one thing but trying to punch the other teams pitcher is just flat out lame.

Manny getting pissed at Clemens was just plain lame as that ball was not even close and Clemens was pitching the inside and high all night. He lost a couple himself but nothing like that one pitch by Pedro.

Both Clemens and Pedro are known for loosing control of pitches every now and again. When you toss as hard as those two do it happens. Just for the record Clemens hit over 140 batters this year in the regular season and Pedro I think not quite 100. It was just a mistake that the RIVALRY OF ALL TIMES allowed to get out of hand.

Should be another great game tonight

CUBS ARE ONE STEP CLOSER
Old 10-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

This is one of the reasons I do not care for baseball anymore. Too many crybabies and overpaid has-beens. Case in point: Bobby HIgginson at Detroit was paid $1.87 MILLION this season and hit .237 for the season. Baseball, in my humble opinion, is NO LONGER America's Sport. Gimme a good football game (or even a bad one), or just about any hockey game instead.

Oh, and while I'm at it, the baseball season is WAY TOO LOOOONNNNGGGG.

....and now back to our regularly scheduled banter.

'Foul
Old 10-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Very few good roll models left.

Hockey 62 games.
Baseball 162 games.

I rest my case!!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:44 AM
Registered

Hockey = 82 games....

for the record there were 54 yankees hit to bostons 24.. sounds fishy to me..

Quick Reply: Is this baseball or hockey!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.