Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Baha mach 1 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61230-baha-mach-1-a.html)

kevin285 10-11-2003 07:30 PM

Ah if its only someone who types badly then its not as bad as i first thought!! its late here and I have fat finger syndrome which makes typing hard

SS930 10-11-2003 07:43 PM

Sounds like you may have a guilty conscience??? A Puder should not be confused with a Puller. :D

Don't worry about the typing, we're just picking on Puder.

So are you thinking about buying a 29' w/ a 7.4L? If so, what is the seller claiming for top speed?

kevin285 10-11-2003 08:23 PM

Hi

about 60mph, but from what ive read in some reviews it may just fall apart at that speed!!

are they serious offshore boats or are they
look- a -likies that arent really up to a serious job.

Kevin

kevin285 10-11-2003 08:41 PM

By the way what is a 'puller' is it someone who does well with the ladies ( as i would use the term to mean) or is it much more derogatory than that!

by the way i havent got fat finger syndrome i just have fat fingers, if you put syndrome after something like that it desolves all responsibility from me.

by the way in last few posts i would have inserted a smiley face here and there but havent got that far in learning the system on here.

kevin

Budman 10-13-2003 10:51 AM

Kevin,

Try using the search button on this forum and you might turn up a few threads pertaining to Mach I's. From what I recall hearing about them, they are a good lake/river boat, but like many boats in this category they might not be up to handling rough ocean conditions for any length of time. I think there are a few members of this board who own or have owned them (MachIShorty comes to mind). Not sure of top speed, but with a stock 7.4 and a BIII in that size boat, I would think somewhere in the 55MPH range.

Chris288 10-13-2003 11:13 AM

I read an article about them in boating. They are basically junk. they use a lot of wood (seats, flooring), glued carpets and dont hold up well.. maybe in a lake, but its definitely not an offshore boat.. just what I heard...

East Coast B 10-13-2003 11:39 AM

I have a 1998 Mach 1 260. Bought it new in 2000. It is definitely not an offshore boat. It does not have the deep hull for that. It's more of a sporty looking functional runabout. It does offer a lot of boat for the money. Lot's of cockpit and cabin room, better than most!!! We're big on the creature features. The only warranty work I've had done has been for mercruiser parts. The boat itself is still like new. I will agree that it is not the caliber/quality of many boats out there. There are a bunch of things they could easily have done a better job at doing. Overall, I've been happy with the boat for the money. It's been a good intermediate boat while we prepare for something bigger. We went from a 22' to this 26 and now anxious to move upward to 31 or 35.

Griff 10-13-2003 12:37 PM

OSO member "Shorty" has a 290 for sale in the boats for sale section. It has a 454mag and runs about 60mph--I think. It is extremely clean and well taken of. The boat has a huge cabin and handles rough water well.

Griff 10-13-2003 12:39 PM

Originally posted by Chris232
I read an article about them in boating. They are basically junk. they use a lot of wood (seats, flooring), glued carpets and dont hold up well.. maybe in a lake, but its definitely not an offshore boat.. just what I heard...
You mean just like Baja's use, right??????:D

kevin285 10-14-2003 08:08 AM

Many thanks for all the input on this much appreciated..

kevin