If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baha mach 1

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    I am pretty sure East Coast B's is for sale, and it is in great shape.

My Boats:
    1999 Mach1 290
    LOTO / Overland Park, KS
    Originally posted by Chris232
    I read an article about them in boating. They are basically junk. they use a lot of wood (seats, flooring), glued carpets and dont hold up well.. maybe in a lake, but its definitely not an offshore boat.. just what I heard...
    Maybe you should do some research instead of spouting hearsay...

...follow the link and learn. XL Boatpanel stringers, deck, & transom... guaranteed rot free for life. Drop down bolsters are molded plastic. Largest cabin it it's class. And if it can handle the 4' chop at LOTO on the holiday's, it will take 4'rs anywhere.

Ok let me say this, for the money you are going to get a good boat that can handle rough water conditions. What I call rough water conditions is 0-6’ chop. I have an older 1990 290 that is in fair condition. I have replaced the sun pad and a 24”-24” portion of the floor and have spider cracks in the gel coat around the windshield and swim deck. But!! Nothing more than any other boat built around the same time and used in the same conditions. Baha boats make a wide variety of salt water fishing boats that work great and hold their own compared to more expensive boats, so yes they know what they are doing. Yes they use wood but so do most other manufactures that try to keep cost down for the buyer. What you are looking at is a 60mph boat that will last a long time if taken care of and with its added weight provides a smoother ride in rough waters. PS if you want a real OFFSHORE BOAT then 26’-30’ is not an option so don’t judge them in a category they aren’t even in to begin with.

My Boats:
    2000 Concept 30 SF w/twin 225 OptiMax
    Wyandotte, MI
    pachanga, you do realize you replied to a thread that is 7+ years old, Right?

My Boats:
    1990 Donzi Sweet 16
    At the office.
    I miss having Pudder around, reading his posts was like trying to solve a word puzzle!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123