Notices

Extreme Boats Magazine

Old 10-11-2003, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Extreme Boats Magazine

It seems there has been a lot of threads about this magazine lately. I think it was part of our membership package or something. I haven't really put much thought into getting it as I didn't think it was the end of the world if I didn't. I felt like the opportunity to have use of the board was worth the money I paid alone without the freebies.

Anyway, got my issue in the mail yesterday. Took the time this evening to sit down and look through it. A few things stood out to me right away. All pages are thick, heavy, glossy pages with emaculate pics on all of them. First overall impression was it is a high end magazine that would cost a little more to produce. I realize that mags need advertisers to support the cause, but this mag isn't 90% advertising like some you might see. Just didn't feel like I would be paying to see pages upon pages of ads. (although this may change as the publication grows in popularity)

All in all I was impressed with it. Something I would consider subscribing to without question.

There were some things that stood out in the articles to me. On page 74 at the bottom of the page it says that the boat is a 2001 388 Hustler. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a Sunsation?

The article about the Escalade. While the vehicle is very nice and the article was intersting to read, I don't think this is a wise choice for high end towing. Why would someone want a vehicle that is rated for 7700 lbs strapped to a boat with a triple axle trailer under it? Just thought it was a little odd.

Overall I liked it.

Buck
Old 10-12-2003, 07:47 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The picture quality has improved with each issue, very good now. I like the mag, it was worth subscribing.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AS I sat on my throne I thought to myself> Self " that looks like a 28.8 Sunsation not a Hustler?"
I agree
I think the mag is top quality nice to see some different faces for a change
Old 10-12-2003, 08:10 AM
Registered

Finally got my 1st issue yesterday...good quality...good pics...good content... and looking foward to upcoming issues!
Old 10-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Rick252

Got my 4th issue yesterday and it's a good Mag. Still waiting on my free t-shirt.

Old 10-12-2003, 08:16 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought the current issue was great! I extended my suscription.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Registered

I've got to be honest, when I first received the last issue after subscibing months in advance, I thought what a ripp off. I just schrugged it off and thought , at least it was only $29.00. But I have to tell you, Wow, What a Mag !!! I am really impressed from the quality pic's and pages, from the articles and readers rides. I honestly think that this mag will be the #1 performance boat mag soon. A lot better than the last one.It is more personal than the others. When I subscribe to the boat mags, this will be the first I write the check for. Thanks Extreme Boats for the GREAT mag !!!! Dave Warden
Old 10-12-2003, 09:57 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

It is a different perspective than the other mags that all copy eachother. I agree, it will be the most popular as time goes on.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:21 AM
Registered

I like how it is more a lifestyle magazine.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:20 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Thanks for the thoughts. The new format really make us different from the rest of the boating mags out there.

For just the fourth issue, we've come a long way.

And just wait two more issues until you see the photos from my new Nikon digital camera. Wow what a difference it makes.
Attached Thumbnails Extreme Boats Magazine-boyz-n-bobsmall.jpg  

Quick Reply: Extreme Boats Magazine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.