Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pictures of my STOLEN boat.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61283-pictures-my-stolen-boat.html)

32storm 10-13-2003 07:43 PM

you may want to contact the Coast Guard National Vessel Documentation Center: 1-800-799-8362. call in with your old hull ID#. If the boat has been documented since it was sold, an abstact of title may tell you who the owner is, as well as if any financial institutions have an interest in the boat.

Also you may want to contact a company that has access to DMV databases( do an on line search as there are a number of companies that do this). Many times, state DMV's sell info thru these companies.

As a last resort, have you contacted a private detective?

Cash Bar 10-13-2003 11:23 PM

I hired a PI when this first came up.
No luck on the HIN trace. My registration is good in Ga. thru '05 so it's likely that it still has Ga. #'s. The Ga. reg # is GA9018XU.
I'm pretty sure State Farm searched as well when I filed the claim they refuse to pay.

Thanks for the ideas and the lookouts.

Greg

stecz20 10-14-2003 12:39 AM

hey cash bar that really sucks. good luck, nice to see people around you care.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 10-14-2003 03:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Greg,
I built a page for you on my site. I hope this helps!
STOLEN FOUNTAIN OR use www.SharkeyMarine.com the link is in the Index.

Twin screws 10-14-2003 05:18 AM

Hey Cash Bar, I saw that boat somewhere. Did you buy it from Pier 57? That may be where I saw it, but I did see it somewhere. I boat on Lake Lanier. Did you have it at the Fountain dealer in Ga sometime or another? Maybe that is where I saw it. I'll think about it and contact you if I can remember. Good luck.

ducati750 10-14-2003 07:20 AM

I work for a major insurance carrier and I know nobody wants to hear this but SF may have done no wrong legally. Your explanation of denial to pay sounds a little off?? If any vehicle is in the possesion of a repair or storage facility it is the facilities insurance that is responsible. If he is fraud I would have to think also no insurance? You should hire a REAL attorney who could possibly move things a little further. If there are no other circumstances for the denial it is possible SF could pay your claim and subro against the other company if they exist. If you loan the boat to a friend and it gets stolen you would have been paid. There are so many circumstances and different laws in each state it would be difficult to know them all. At the very least I would be screaming at my agent as I know they did not sell you just a boat policy. The more you complain and the higher up the ladder that complaint goes the more receptive they become just to get rid of you. How many days did they wait to deny your claim? Did they put it in writting? Do you store your boat there regularly and was your agent advised of this? With the NICB and interstate communications it would be difficult to reister under same vin#.

mikev 10-14-2003 12:08 PM

hey greg I will keep an eye out for it on lanier also you know that mr. harris had an exwife and two kids that live in the area that might be a lead for you tracking down the scumbag.

Cash Bar 10-15-2003 01:13 PM

Thanks ducati750, I am working on a new Insurance claims lawyer now. I hope to get some movement soon.

Greg

Steve_H 10-16-2003 08:59 AM

i dont know about your state but im missouri you can contact the State Insurance Commisioner.
he can put alot of pressure on your insurance company to satisfy you.

im sorry about your loss and will keep a lookout for it at loto.

Cash Bar 10-19-2003 03:25 PM

ttt