Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
o/t Credit Report help ASAP >

o/t Credit Report help ASAP

Notices

o/t Credit Report help ASAP

Old 10-14-2003, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, just to be clear, your name can be on the face of a card as an authorized user and your still not liable for the transactions.

I don't mean to beat this to death but just trying to be clear. You must sign the credit contract to be liable, an authorized user just adds a name tp the account as an authorized user and gives a signature to the company so the credit card company can verify the signature in case of a fradulent transaction.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:12 AM
Registered

I dealt with the same deal from the same people about a year ago, now I am doing it with Chase. They're all liars and will say anything to get you to send them a buck. I had a supervisor for collections get rude with me the other day and told me "That if i just send them$65 it would help me out alot" So I told him to F**k off and quit wasting my time, then I filed a complaint with the BBB, which I recommend you do. Also dispute it through all your CRA's(credit reporting agencies). I disputed mine for about 6 months then the agencies that still had the case on file would'nt investigate anymore....So I filed with the BBB on them too.

In my experience trying to deal with collections is a waste of time. The people get commision on what we pay regardless if we truly owe it or not. I would politely tell them to kiss my azz as you file with the BBB. The BBB is most helpful and is the last agency the companies want on their asses...Plus you can check out the NACA site and locate an attorney in your area that specializes in this.

Hint:you can sue them for up to $5000 in small claims court and will win by default because it will cost them more than that to send defense...That is what happened in my case with Chase. After 2 years of the BS(10+ times a day) phone calls I filed on their ass...Best of luck
Old 10-15-2003, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very helpful info guys. About the card....I wasn't clear on it but it was my fathers account and he just signed me up as a user on his account, I never signed anything. he only got me the card in case of an emergency or something like that, but it was his account only. I've written a letter to the collection agency but judging from what you all said, that does not look like it's gonna help anything. I guess I'll have to find out the numbers to all 3 credit agencies and write a letter to each.

robyw1 - please email me at [email protected], pm is not working for me for some reason. or just leave your email address and I'll contact you.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:25 AM
Registered

got another update on this. my dad called and gave the collection agency heck and they have satisfied my part of it, they had me on as joint but i'm only a user of the card so somebody screwed up. Now the hard part...I have to send a letter to all 3 credit bureau's and have them remove the false info from my credit, this'll take a while. Anybody have the address's of the people I need to contact?
Old 10-15-2003, 10:44 AM
Registered

http://www.tuc.com/

http://www.experian.com/

http://www.equifax.com/

There are their 3 web pages, you probably have a local office for each, Experian, Equifax, & Trans Union
Old 10-15-2003, 11:36 AM
Registered

cool, thanks man. I'm going to send a letter to each telling them about it. I guess I'll have to get my credit report in order to do so...man this sux.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

It looks like this problem is resolved. But as a bankruptcy attorney, just wanted to add to what Von Bongo said. He is right, there is a difference between obligor or co-obligor and authorized user. As he said, and so did others, if you didn't sign, you aren't obligated. PERIOD. But having the mark on the credit report can still hurt.

The fair credit reporting acts do permit negative credit info on an authorized user's credit report. In other words, 97BossHammer's credit report can show the delinquency on his Dad's debt, because 97BossHammer is an authorized user. But the disclosure must be accurate. If it reports the delinquency, it must accurately report that the delinquency is on a debt of someone else for which 97BossHammer is only an authorized user, and not an obligor. They often forget those "details" when making the report which causes all the problems.

Go get 'em 97BossHammer!!