Investments, side jobs, etc >

Investments, side jobs, etc

Notices

Investments, side jobs, etc

Old 10-14-2003, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Investments, side jobs, etc

Been throwing around some ideas for getting some extra cash together. I'd like to invest a little money in stocks but not really sure if I want to go that route. I also thought of maybe buying/selling some cars. Anybody have any ideas or stuff that they do along this route, I know I'm not the only one thats trying to get ahead a little
Old 10-14-2003, 02:00 PM
Registered

From time to time I'll knock of a little old ladie walking down the street for a couple bucks. Helps out with gas and beer money.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:50 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Look into what your states regs are. If you sell more than so many cars in a year, you'll need to be licensed. That's ok, because a dealers license is needed to get into the auctions anyways. Be sure to check the zoning where you live too. Most communities will tolerate a home based business as long as it doesn't look like there is a business in your home. ie-you can not turn your lawn into a used car dealership. Also be sure to consult a tax professional and a attorney. You'll want to set up a company to run this stuff through. It'll complicate things, but it may also save your arse.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Registered

I'm in Mississippi and I hear of people doing it all the time (selling cars) without a dealers license, now if thats legal or not I don't know. And I'm talking like having 1 extra car in the driveway...not 4-5, they'd kick me out of the neighborhood real quick I'm not really wanting to start a company, that might be a little too much, just something to make a little money on the side.

This brings up another idea....I just had a buddy tell me his dad bought one of those infomercial deals where they "train" you to sell on ebay and you make "millions" maybe i should try that NOT.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:24 PM
Registered

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
From time to time I'll knock of a little old ladie walking down the street for a couple bucks. Helps out with gas and beer money.

My Grandma would whip your ass!
Old 10-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Banned

I had the same idea a couple years ago. I went into the boat trailer business with a guy that ended up being a drunk and a theif, lost $8500. Invested $8800 in a house my best freind was about to lose. We fixed it up to sell, then 911 happened, the state put him out of business (title loans), I said it was ok with me if he had to move back in his house as long as I got my money back. As I said, that was in 2001, I haven't gotten one red cent back from him yet.

So, to sum it all up, I've found the best place for me to invest my money is in my mattress.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:23 AM
Registered

yeah I hear ya on that one, the only investment I've ever made was in WorldCom stock and we all know what it's worth now. I have some mutual funds but was just wanting to start just a little something on the side. Heck I wish I could build some bikes...watching Jesse James and American Choppers looks like fun, probably a lot of stress, but fun. My wife wants a small coffee shop, thats actually not a bad idea, people are drinking the heck out of some coffee nowdays. I guess I'm just brainstorming more then anything, but was just kicking around some ideas and was wondering if anybody had any successful ideas, then acted on them, unlike me
Old 10-15-2003, 07:31 AM
Registered

I buy anything cheap and resell it on the internet or I broker stuff people want to get rid of

What I mean by broker is I will post it on the internet and negotiate and sell items for them and take a %

It is nice extra income
Old 10-15-2003, 08:06 AM
Registered

a topless cofee shop
Old 10-15-2003, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

I want to name my next business CASH..... "Thanks for calling Cash, how may I help you?"

"You can make that check out to Cash"..... Hummm, what do you think the IRS would say?

Quick Reply: Investments, side jobs, etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.