Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Beware of this Fountain for sale!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61449-beware-fountain-sale.html)

super termoli 10-16-2003 04:59 PM

one more thing. bill claimed at the time that he took the boat back to pier 57 because it was all screwed up. he spoke of misaligned engines and drives which caused excess vibration etc... he did not mention any "custom work" and claimed that he never intended to pay 48.8K for the service as he felt pier 57 was responsible for putting the boat right. he claimed that the repairs took so long that he just got fed up, went there, wrote the check and took the boat. naturally, he then stopped the payment when the boat sank. this could very well be the case but given bill's very distant relationship with truth, i have to wonder whether bill went to pier 57, wrote checks he knew would bounce and then sank the boat to provide an excuse for stopping payments. as he privately always claimed that he was not planning on paying those 48.8K, this seems to be a more plausible explanation. that guy was a soap opera all by himself.

mikev 10-16-2003 05:14 PM

I have seen this boat first had (after it was stripped) as i worked for that idiot harris for a couple of months last spring. the hull looked solid but it is in rough shape needs paint and there is nothing left on it but the holes stuff was bolted to. Good news for you guys here in Georgia the new owners there are stand up guys and Bob the head mechanic is still there and he is great taught me a lot and is honest (he hated bill too even though we worked for him).

super termoli 10-16-2003 05:29 PM

good to hear that you guys are in business and weathering the storm. it must not be easy dealing with the mess bill left you with. what about that other sales guy, i believe his name was dave. is he still around?

matthew 10-16-2003 05:34 PM

I have the origianl work order on the boat when Harris brought it to us. I would be very hesitant to believe anything Bill Harris said.

mikev 10-16-2003 05:35 PM

i just worked there part time between jobs it was fun now I am back to the computer thig full time but drop by there and talk to them allot. I have seen dave a couple of times he has a regular job selling boats was for a little extra cash and fun. He has a new 31 sonic that is sharp looking he is a great guy too.

BobbyB 10-16-2003 07:15 PM

Hey Matthew, I am glad you guys came on here to standup for yourselfs. Could you do me a favor and tell JJ to hook me up on a bigger fountain?:D :D

Audiofn 10-17-2003 07:47 AM

The ***** took the ice cube trays.....WHAT KIND OF A SICK ***** TAKES THE ICE CUBE TRAYS HARRY!!! :D:D

Wally 10-17-2003 08:58 AM

Originally posted by Too Old
I find myself shaking my head as a read that Pier 57 agreed to take the boat back in for work. Why would anyone agree to do $48,000 worth of work on a boat for a guy who hadn't made a single payment in a year?For crying out load, if you guys agreed to do work why wouldn't you demand payment in advance? The guy already owed you 85k plus interest.

That was my first thought when i read that too! :)

DirtyMoney 10-17-2003 04:12 PM

All right this thread started out as a warning and I see it has gotten down to he said she said so here are the facts from my end. I was the one who purchased the boat from Bill Harris on June 1 2003 for $35,000.00 including the trailer. I then took the boat to a local shop to do some repairs on the hull such as seal up the transom and change to staggered set up instead of triples. I paid Bill with a cashiers check for the full amount and received a bill of sale on the boat. I also succesfully registered the boat in the state of Georgia and still hold all of these documents. What Pier 57 fails to mention is the new the whereabouts of this boat the whole time and even delivered a boat to the "Boat Store" which was owned by Bill himself and returned with an empty truck after walking around the boat several times and acknowledging it was the same boat. Their driver even made a phone call back to Pier 57 and told them it was there and disassembled and was told not to worry about it. The boat was not locked up or blocked in any way. This all took place in January of 2003. Pier 57 did not come after the boat until they heard Bill was gone and was not around to defend the agreement they had made so they took it from me and offered to sell it back for what I had paid for it. WHAT A JOKE!!!! Don't get me wrong I am not defending Bill for some of the things that happened with his business but in this situation it is Pier 57 that commited the crime and that is why I am making it public.

Another note, they never disclosed the boat had been sunk before Bill had purchased it and Bill also did not alter the HIN# this was something that was done either by someone else or simply a scratch in the number, because if you saw the photos of it which Pier 57 has and brought to court you would see it was not like the chicken scratched numbers Fountain puts on the boat were completely altered it was basically an E with a mark on it that resembled a B. Besides on of the few things left on the boat was the HIN tag in the engine compartment with the correct number. So the only one who lost in this situation is me. I made an attempt to keep the boat in court, but without Bill present to fight the battle of his own I lost. The hearing took all of about 20 minutes and it was over.

Look at the facts, they obviously were not concerned with the debt if the brought the boat back in to accumulate a new balance on the money owed.

I have hand written receipts for large cash payments Bill made to Pier 57 signed by their represenative and that signature matches that of the person that sent me faxes claiming they had interest in the boat. I guess they thought Bill would not have kept these and could claim the cash was never paid. As of now I am still out my money and have been working with Bill to make payment arrangements and he will then have to go after Pier 57.

To sum it all up they took advantage of a situation and I suffered the loss.

matthew 10-17-2003 04:24 PM

We will be more than happy to return the hull back to Mr. Harris when he makes good on the debt he owes us. Otherwise it is still our boat, and for sale.