Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Beware of this Fountain for sale!!! >

Beware of this Fountain for sale!!!

Notices

Beware of this Fountain for sale!!!

Old 10-14-2003, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Beware of this Fountain for sale!!!

Beware of this boat!! There is a long story behind this and you could be taking a big risk of losing this boat you could be taking a big chance of losing it in court because they are failing to tell the story behind this one.

For instance the fact there was about an $80,000 balance owed on it which the purchaser refused to pay because of an equivalent repair bill where the boat had sunk for a second time due to Pier 57 not properly installing new drive bellows when they sold the purchaser new drive and installed them.

Don't get me wrong, I am not taking up for the person who purchased this boat from Pier 57 and some of you may know who it is, but they are not telling the whole story and made no attempts to repossess this vessel until the purchaser had disappeared and already sold the boat.

So if you are interested BEWARE!!!!!

http://fountainusa.com/199542.htm
Old 10-14-2003, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ttt
Old 10-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked clean is an understatement! There isn't a single piece of hardware left on it! They even took the rubrail and wiring harness!
Old 10-14-2003, 11:47 PM
Registered

Oh my God!!!
I'll say its worth $5K or if someone smashed up there 42 beyond repair...swap out everything.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:54 AM
Registered

Guys, that guy in Georgia who bought this boat from Pier 57 is none other than Bill Harris. The boat sank because the drives were incorrectly installed and Mr. Harris had that videotaped, photographed and surveyed by an expert. This occur-ed after the boat sat at Pier 57 for a lengthy period of time for repairs and was obviously incorrectly repaired. Mr. Harris or whatever his real name is then threatened legal action and the matter was sort of settled when he called it quits by not paying the repairs done by Pier 57 which effectively amounted to 80K, because he estimated that it would take him that much to put that boat back in shape. This settlement was nothing legal or written, it was something that could be called "a gentlemen's agreement". He then stripped the boat in order to begin the repair process (remember, it really did sink). This is pretty much verified by the photos of the boat as parts of the headliner and interior are missing. Such parts have very little value and it is doubtful that someone would strip a piece of vinyl in order to sell it. Anyway, the point is that the boat was stripped for repairs and not with sale of parts in mind. Before the repairs were even started however, Bill decided that it was time to leave the country as he was up to his neck in some very shady business of taking deposits for unordered boats, selling boats and pocketing the cash, taking deposits from a number of clients on a single boat... And since the settlement between Bill and Pier 57 was nothing written and legal, just an understanding that he will not sue if they do not seek to recover 80K, that agreement has evaporated with Bill. They are now looking to recover their 80K because there is no lawsuit threat anymore. Where all those parts ended up, and I believe it had a pair of 900SCs, nobody knows! Why Pier 57 are looking to recover money for repairs which sank the boat is beyond my comprehension. I guess it is because they can! The bottom line is: try to avoid getting involved in this story. But I trust you all with that as that hull is not worth 39K, especially with this story attached to it and besides, how seriously do you take a guy who claims those bare plastics "only need to be rigged". Yes, the boat just needs to be built...
Old 10-15-2003, 07:10 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

But why would it need to be stripped that far down in order to repair? Hell, that boat had more stuff on it out of the mold.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:54 AM
Registered

It says the boat ONLY needs to be rigged! Im gonna buy it!
Old 10-15-2003, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

termoli,

looks like that boat was set up for trips...are you sure you have the right boat? you mentioned a pair of 900sc motors
Old 10-15-2003, 08:25 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

whats that patch job in the bottom corners of the bilge area on the transom? Looks like two big holes have been filled and done sloppy!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Registered

that's right. it was set up for trips and i think it had some big horsepower blown custom motors. i confused that boat with another 42 bill harris had for sale and that one was with 900s. sorry about that but it changes nothing to the story. apart from the engines part, the story is correct as i was told by several people.

Quick Reply: Beware of this Fountain for sale!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.