Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fort Apache Marina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61534-fort-apache-marina.html)

Steve_H 10-17-2003 03:24 PM

Floriduuuu in their infinite wisdom DOESNT get involved unless the vessal is at least 32 ft long.

Dept. of Business & Professional Regulations
1-850-488-1122

OldSchool 10-17-2003 03:37 PM

I wonder if the IRS (even the kinder,gentler one:D ) would like to hear of cash transactions to foreign drug dealers?:cool: :cool:

dockrocker 10-17-2003 03:44 PM

If the IRS isnt' interested, I imagine Customs might be...

IDRPSTF 10-17-2003 03:45 PM

banks, insurance co. and brokers they all suck. hope all goes your way. there is always shoe to ass......
Welcome to the boating industry my friends. Contracts contracts contracts!!! Do they mean anything? Well, if you have the means to back them up they do. To those of you looking to buy a boat, this is a little more FREE advise. 2 Brokers. The seller already took himself out of the loop for 10% buy getting a broker involved. It does not cost you another dime to get a Broker to help you buy. Boat brokers split commissions just like real estate brokers. Most have to get a license and a bond. More importantly, if this situation arises you have someone to go to bat for you. Your Buyers Broker will review all paperwork before deposit or signing a sales agreement. He/she will protect your deposit and your place in line for the boat. I can tell you that most selling brokers hate to deal with buyers brokers, Why? Simple, the money is protected the contracts are reviewed and the deal is under a close eye on both sides. The money for the Buyers brokers comes out of the sellers 10%. And if this selling broker pulled out of a contract that I was involved in, he wouldn't be a broker much longer. Let me leave you with this. Would you buy a house from a real estate agent on the sellers end, trusting everything they say and not get a Realtor of your own? Hopefully not.

Tonto, gimme a call on that 35 Cafe. I may have someone in CA looking.

Looney Tune 10-17-2003 04:21 PM

Originally posted by cashbrain
I totally agree that attorney's are extremely important..my point being..get your deposit back...and move on. I am very familiar with specific performance as I buy and sell real estate...however, these situations are nearly always a waste of time....
the best way to hurt this guy in the future is to post and discourage others from doing business with cockroaches like this...

Wow who is this guy? Could this be a different Cashbrain.

later 10-17-2003 05:48 PM

im a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, dont let it get you down there will be another that you like more right around the corner. just think you have all winter to look.

do you live at the lake or just a weekender like myself

later

WARPAINT 10-17-2003 05:55 PM

lotoparty, check boats for sale.One from NJ just popped up for sale.It is in your price range:cool:

Steve_H 10-17-2003 06:22 PM

later ,
ive been a weekender till recently.
the family bought a condo at sunrise ridge , 10 mm , so ill be at the lake alot more often in the future.
live in the kc area.

i agree , ill find something better.
this whole ordeal makes me not want to trust people as much which is really sad.
im honest to a fault and just dont understand people that think nothing of screwing other people over but in the end , they still have to look in the mirror and NOT like what they see.

the surveyer that i hired restored my faith so to speak after this all happened. i sent him an email about how i got screwed. his reply was if i found another boat in florida he would survey it for FREE. i told him thanks but i dont mind paying. after all , were all just trying to make a living.

if anyone needs a good survey contact :

Jeff Hahn
Florida Boat & Yacht Surveyors
1-866-352-2628
[email protected]

he has the latest in infered cameras and heat sensing equipment that will dedect the slightess amount of moisture in the hull and excessive heat in the engines.
i got 2 hardback copys of the survey with a ton a pics on a cd. he also spent alot of time on the phone with me explaining everything.
extremely professional guy that actually cares about your investment.

Steve_H 10-17-2003 06:24 PM

Originally posted by WARPAINT
lotoparty, check boats for sale.One from NJ just popped up for sale.It is in your price range:cool:
your kinda slow arent yaa , i got off the phone with Dave an hour ago:p

j/k

WARPAINT 10-17-2003 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Slow? you wanna race me in your new 28:p Good luck with your search:cool: