Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fort Apache Marina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61534-fort-apache-marina.html)

Steve_H 10-15-2003 09:57 PM

Fort Apache Marina

first off Fort Apache is NOT afiliated with Apache Powerboats in any way , shape , or form.

i thought ide share what happened to me recently while trying to buy a brokered boat thru them so other potiential buyers might avoid what i went thru.

the seller and i agree on a price for a 28 Apache Brave.
the salesman "Earnie" faxed me the sales agreement which i signed and faxed back along with a 1000.00 credit card deposit ( the amount he asked for ). the closing date was set for 10-20-03
2 days later the surveyer i hired surveyed the boat which passed with flying colors EXCEPT the boat only ran 60 mph at 4000 rpm. when i first called about the boat Earnie said it ran 70 mph.
at this point i was concerned but told Earnie i still wanted the boat and suggested all it needed was different props. i also asked Earnie if the seller would drop the price slightly and sell the boat without the current props. i figure its worth a try since props are 300.00 new.

that night i get an email from Earnie telling me he tryed smaller props and got the speed up to 67 mph.
he also informed me that the seller would not drop the price and there was a backup contract on the boat for more money then my agreement with a couple of drug dealers from the bahamas and if i didnt wire the balance the next day the boat would be sold to them.

my response was ok , ill wire the money in the morning. i really wanted this Apache!

this is where it gets ugly.
i had to transfer money ( write a check ) out of a home equity line of credit into my local bank in order to do the wire transfer.
my local bank informs me they have to wait 5 days for the check to clear before they can do the wire transfer.
i call Earnie with the delay info. right away he starts threatening me that if i dont wire at least 10,000.00 today the boat will get sold to the druggys. WTF , the agreement states i have untill 10-20-03.
after alot of arguing with Earnie i finally say , do what you have to but i WILL NOT break the agreement. i have a contract after all and i legally have until 10-20-03 to close the deal. i must be nieve. i didnt think they could screw me like they did. dont sales agreements mean anything :mad:

the druggys bought the boat with green cash the following day and im STILL shopping.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 10-15-2003 10:01 PM

Some customer service huh?:rolleyes:

stecz20 10-15-2003 10:40 PM

thats sucks, sometimes paying a little more and going to the dealer thats been around a hundred years is worth it in the long run. i dont know your situation, but i ran into the same situation with tnt marine. at the very last moment when i had my ticket to fly from jersey , to fl he told me about a ticking in the port blown 650. after 2 months going back and forth with a price and making time to get down there, well you get the idea. long story short i went to martin marine. im very happy with the service, and the people. dealers and brokers who do what they say, well not too many of them.

apache21 10-15-2003 10:49 PM

Boat buying can suck sometimes. If it feels right it's right. If it feels a little shaky and is going to turn out bad. Use your gut feeling. I am sure you will run across a better Apache

KCHOTBOAT 10-15-2003 10:54 PM

Now let us all see if Fort Apache gives him his deposit back and the expense for the survey. I know him and he was ready to buy the boat.

stecz20 10-15-2003 11:01 PM

banks, insurnace co. and brokers they all suck. hope all goes your way. there is always shoe to ass......

Wardey 10-15-2003 11:02 PM

If he is dealing with the drug heads......you should have seen the red flag !!!! The guy is nothing but a blood sucking leach that has no cares but to make a dollar. But, you can be sure, he will get his day......Dave

KCHOTBOAT 10-15-2003 11:07 PM

Okay we need a list off all the so called boat dealers that just take money from people and screw them.
Number one on the list Fort Apache.

stecz20 10-15-2003 11:33 PM

i dont know if oso has enough space on the hard drives for this one

Tonto 10-16-2003 01:18 AM

I got a 35 Cafe for sale if you're interested give me a call 770-720-3241. '93 with 500 EFI's, Bravo's, recent cockpit, good shape.
Robert