Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   O.t. Yankees !!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61616-o-t-yankees.html)

Audiofn 10-17-2003 08:33 AM

Money is relative when all the "tallent" is paid the higher saleries. Dude lets be realistic and not blind about it. If you spend more you can buy the better tallent. There is NO DOUBT that Joe Torri is one of the greatest coaches of all time to keep all that ego in line but the fact is all that money sure does help.

Chris288 10-17-2003 08:52 AM

Originally posted by Audiofn
Money is relative when all the "tallent" is paid the higher saleries. Dude lets be realistic and not blind about it. If you spend more you can buy the better tallent. There is NO DOUBT that Joe Torri is one of the greatest coaches of all time to keep all that ego in line but the fact is all that money sure does help.

Jon, I only agree partly,, Yes big money affords you the opportunity to atleast buy the biggest names, but that doesn't assure you of winning. The NY Rangers have or have had just about every big name in hockey, It hasn't done them any good in 6 seasons. Plus 100 mil payroll for the SAWX ain't nothing to sneeze at either...

stecz20 10-17-2003 10:30 AM

the most important factor.... the yanks core is made up of guys that came up through their system. thats what makes a winner. if money was such a factor, explain the 80's and the 60's. October magic, some guys will never understand.......

Chris288 10-17-2003 10:58 AM

Originally posted by stecz20
the most important factor.... the yanks core is made up of guys that came up through their system. thats what makes a winner. Some guys will never understand.......
Got that right...

There is something to be said for guys like Jeter, Bernie, Soriano, Johnson. These guys are the heart, the others are the hired guns. Put them all together and you have a TEAM, that still has to go out there and WIN.

Audiofn 10-17-2003 12:18 PM

Guys who came up through their system??? Were did the guy come from that hit the home run last night? Were did Roger Clemens come from and on and on and on. Lets face it players go to were the money is (and who can blame them). There is no loyalty to any team if you are a player now days. As soon as Jeter and Bernie and Soriano's contracts come up in another team offers them more money you can kiss them good bye I am guessing. As far as the Rangers... Their coach is not the greatest lets just say that ;);) Believe me the better team won. I am amazed that the Sox made it as far as they did with the pitching that they had. For some odd reason the bull pen really stepped up over the playoffs but I do not think that they coach's ever really trusted them. We paid the price for that and that is all there is to say about that stupid move.

Jon

Chris288 10-17-2003 12:30 PM

Anybody know what happend to Mendoza ? haven't heard much from him since the trade.. was he hurt ?

T2x 10-17-2003 02:56 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
. As soon as Jeter and Bernie and Soriano's contracts come up in another team offers them more money you can kiss them good bye I am guessing.
Actually both Jeter and Bernie's contracts came up in the past few years....they re-signed with the Bombers. Why? Because they want to be with a winner.... That's why Clements came...... right?

T2x

Audiofn 10-17-2003 02:57 PM

T2x that is because they got the money they were looking for :D:D