Notices

Hello

Old 10-20-2003, 06:09 PM
LovlyLady426

You guys are so funny, it is nice to come to a forum where people get along. My budget is around 70K Needless to say less would be perfect, unless I win the lottery???
I am thinking of buying a house on the river st.clair in St. Clair. Mostly to live closer to mom.
SO basically going into debt is my plan. Fun eh?

Old 10-20-2003, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because you will have a little one with you, and being new to boating, I would recommend that you seriously consider the benefits of two motors vs. one. Two motors makes the boat easier to handle, especially when docking. Also, in the event you run into engine problems while out on the lake, you still have one engine to get you home. We've "putted" home on one engine way too many times, but it sure beats calling for a tow and in rough water the complete loss of power could have been disasterous!
Old 10-20-2003, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally posted by LovlyLady426

With this kind of attitude, you will fit right in here.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:25 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Is there any other way???

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-20-2003, 07:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Welcome to the board.

First and foremost as far as the bigger boats go, I like the Sea Ray. Actually my vote would be for a Magnum, but in your price range...Sea Ray (not to mention it accomodated my 4 year old quite well...Thanks Tonto)

And second of all, you have just joined one of the most friendly groups of people in the world. And we always need more women on the board to help control the unruly masses. (you guys know which ones your are).

Welcome Again

Terra Stinson
Old 10-20-2003, 08:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You guys are so funny, it is nice to come to a forum where people get along. My budget is around 70K Needless to say less would be perfect, unless I win the lottery???
I am thinking of buying a house on the river st.clair in St. Clair. Mostly to live closer to mom.

Contact GregP as he is most likely in the range you want to be in.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Registered

You guys are so funny, it is nice to come to a forum where people get along.

You are new. Get some popcorn and watch the fireworks.

Over & Out,
Dano
Old 10-20-2003, 11:24 PM
Registered

Welcome lovely, this board has provided me with many hours of entertainment as well as a wealth of knowledge and not just about boats. I've also been looking at houses on the water in that same area. If you dont have to be in St.clair there are some good deals around the colony tower. Shopping for a house on the water is just like shopping for a boat, its easy if you have tons of money. Kinda frustrating if you have a budget to stay within. good luck and enjoy the board.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:03 AM
Registered

LovlyLady426,
Welcome to the board. You will not need a boating license. Hopefully the dealer you purchase your boat from will take you out on the water and give you some pointers on how to operate the boat. Don't be surprised if they don't.

What kind of boating do you want to do? Have you had any experience driving a boat before? Would you be able to take care of maintenance items or would you need to have the boat serviced? Buying new you get killed with depreciation but you do get the option of getting an extended warranty. Let us know more of what you enjoy about boating and I'm sure you will get a few suggestions. With your budget you should be able to get a nice boat.
Dan
Old 10-21-2003, 08:29 AM
LovlyLady426

Badgirl thanks for that info, good advice. As well as the rest of you also. As far as moving anywhere other then St.Clair, My Aunt owns a few homes there and Port Huron. So I am limited on the choices. But they are great choices. This passed summer was my most experience with boating. I realy just fell in love with it. As far as maintenance..In home maintenance only for me. I just can't see me under the hood type girl! Maybe on the hood.. KIDDING. lol. but there is always help and friends for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.