O/T HID headlight citation >

O/T HID headlight citation

Notices

O/T HID headlight citation

Old 10-17-2003, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry O/T HID headlight citation

My girlfriend drives an FX-45. We were pulled over last night by Harris County Constable because our headlights were “Purple.” Okay yes they are HID headlights and were factory equipped on the vehicle. She got a ticket for an equipment violation. Now what the hell you do to prove that they are not illegal. I have also installed aftermarket HID’s in my Supra and Intrepid but have never been pulled over. Has anyone ever had this happen? Please weigh in.

Roby
Old 10-17-2003, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the ticket to your dealer and ask them for your money back for selling you an illegal car <EWG>. That should inspire them to provide you all the backup info you could need.

-Greg
Old 10-17-2003, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally posted by GregP
Take the ticket to your dealer and ask them for your money back for selling you an illegal car <EWG>. That should inspire them to provide you all the backup info you could need.

-Greg
Great answer!
Old 10-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Look up the law that you broke. It should be written on the ticket.

I got a ticket once for driving with my factory installed fog lights on.

Bring the factory window sticker to court with you. If your dealer cares, he should go with you.

I'd also contact the local department of transportation to see if HID lights are legal or not.

Sounds like you got a cop with a bug up his butt. Probably the Krispy Kreme was out of his favorite donuts.

This is an issue for >>>> TROUTLY!!!!
Old 10-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Registered

But how many cars have HID headlights? A lot!

All new BMW, Mercedes, Acuras, Infinities, Lexus. I shouldn't be bothered with this crap. Pretty soon all new cars will have HID headlights and what are they goin to do then? Write all of us tickets.

Yes I agree, Troutly come in

Roby
Old 10-17-2003, 12:08 PM
Registered

my mercedes has them. i always wonder if the cops will mistake me for a boy racer punk kid and pull me over. i expect that they will realize it's a mercedes (not a ricer racer) and i'm not a punk kid (young professional) and don't bother me. if not, then lord help them.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:11 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Don't pay the ticket. Enter a plea of "not guilty". Request a bench trial. Let them PROOVE that you have aftermarket head lights. THEY CAN'T! Case dismissed.

The other technique would be to call the da and explain that you have oe headlights.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Registered

If its sold as original equipment, that means the DOT and the NHTSA have ok'd them on a federal level. You shouldnt have been written this ticket. Only problem is your judge may be just as dull as the cop, and not as bright as your lights. Hope you can beat it. Let us know how it turns out.

Good luck.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:22 PM
Registered

I guess the real problem is: how often is this going to happen? I don't want to go and fight every ticket I get. Yes it did come as OEM on the car (2004 Infinity FX-45) I was just wondering if any of you guys that have them were ever pulled over or ticketed for this. Like I said I do have the aftermarket HIDs (real HID not colored bulbs) on my other 2 cars and have never been stopped.

Roby
Old 10-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

The cop just wanted to check out the new wheels.

I guess Troutly is on patrol...around the donut shop.

Quick Reply: O/T HID headlight citation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.