Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p >

What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

Notices

What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

Old 10-20-2003, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

If I was to decide on one person... I would say....

Poseidon.......the god of the sea. He is also known as Neptune (Roman) and the Earth-shaker. His attributes in iconography include the trident and the fish.

His sexual encounters and offspring consist of the following. A major influence of maritime life (including offshore racing).

Aethra
Amphitrite (consort)
Amymone
Caeneus
Canace
Chione
Demete
Iphimedia
Lake Tritonis
Medusa
Thoosa
Tyro
Old 10-20-2003, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

However, anyone who has comments abouts offshore racing (good or bad) is an influence. They help steer it. In the end the majority will rule (well ...the bucks will too )

Yeah, I'm a newbie but there is no one person who make any sport. It's the comraderie and fun of the racers who make it what it is. There are many names for that from what I have read above.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:49 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Political Correctness gone wild !!
Old 10-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I have seen in my short time on this board and dealing with the business...there is no one person that promotes this business the most...well maybe Stinson.

(OK Let the ridicule flood gates open I'm ready, just keep in mind that if I don't say things like that everyonce in a while I won't be able to sleep with both eyes closed LOL )

Terra

Last edited by IceAngel; 10-20-2003 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by cigarette1
BG1 for creating this hotspot. Without OSO there wouldn't be as many educated offshore fans as there are today.

G

Old 10-20-2003, 11:31 PM
Registered

From what I have seen in my short time on this board and dealing with the business...there is no one person that promotes this business the most...well maybe Stinson.
Terra...Honey...I even put a disclaimer up to help you with this one!!!
Is the ring on your finger cutting off circulation to your head?
The green from you wedding ring is beginning to spread into your bloodstream and drive you crazy!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Promoting the Sport and Lifestyle

I would echo the sentiments of Too Old and others when it comes to Jeffery and Steve this site has done some great things in spreading the "word" of Offshore Boating and Racing.
One other name that I would like to mention is Stu Jones the President of the Florida Powerboat Club.
IMHO Stu and his organization have helped those of us who do not live in Florida enjoy the lifestyle and boating more that any other single person.
In my case I would still be trying to figure out how to get through the featherbeds and on to the keys were it not for Stu and the other members of the club. And as I have participated in each event I have met more and more great people that share the lifestyle and "hobby" that offshore is to those of us that do not race. The club has been one of the big keys to my boating experience and judging by the number of new folks that come on every event I'm not alone. To Stu and Jackie, and the rest of the staff at FPC Your the best.
Sincerly
Rice Hauler
Old 10-21-2003, 09:45 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

T2x has a great point with Mercury. Love 'em or leave 'em, the sponsors understand where the market is.
That being said, I would still nominate the person at GMC who gave the final "OK" for the new deal with APBA. There's a mainstream company with significant resources that is now providing an organization with the resources to build a decent foundation for the future. It's not just about sponsorship dollars - it's also about how to run a real honest-to-God promotional program.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:22 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by IDRPSTF
Terra...Honey...I even put a disclaimer up to help you with this one!!!
Is the ring on your finger cutting off circulation to your head?
The green from you wedding ring is beginning to spread into your bloodstream and drive you crazy!!!

Thats the difference between a trainer and a trainee you being the latter.

Still love ya though stud.

Sean
Old 10-21-2003, 01:24 PM
Registered

"Things I have learned from Sean Stinson" would be a whole other thread my friend
It would be broken down into sub-catagories:

1. Things that have incriminated me

2. Things that may not be accurate but still make for great stoytelling.

3. Things that make one sound like less of an intellectual "Terra...Dammit...My lawn chair is sinking in the mud....Dammit Im stuck....Terra....Hold my drink while I get out....Dammit!!!"

4. Bar Tabs that I thought were paid untill I came back a week later to a bad reception

5. And most important, a section that I like to call: Blue Jeans for every occasion.

I think I will withhold that thread due to its non PG-13 Rating

Gimme a call Sean, let me know the latest!

The Student has become the Instructor
and test scores are going up!

Quick Reply: What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.