Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61645-what-single-person-doing-most-premote-sport-lifestyle-offshore-p.html)

Ron P 11-28-2006 08:10 PM

Re: What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like we agree. In Destin, Extreme Boats Magazine gave John Haggin an award for bring our Extreme Boater of the Year.

36spectre 11-29-2006 10:05 AM

Re: What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

The Late ....Gene Whipp, one of the nicest guys in the sport, he raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for children's charities via offshore racing in Sarasota Fla. and he was the man that was personally responsible for my foray into offshore. God Bless!

NickOTeen 11-29-2006 04:29 PM

Frank Gerow and Thomas Cronin

:D

T2x 11-29-2006 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by 36spectre
The Late ....Gene Whipp, one of the nicest guys in the sport, he raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for children's charities via offshore racing in Sarasota Fla. and he was the man that was personally responsible for my foray into offshore. God Bless!

Gene did more for the sport..over years and years than anyone else. Best venues, best coalition, best sponsors, best TV...best growth curve. He didn't quite get it back to the glory years of the mid 80's...but he came closest...and quickest.

In truth, he should win this ...hands down.

T2x

AugiePensa 11-30-2006 03:50 PM

Racegirl, THANK YOU for the vote BUTTTT, I would "BOW" to the gentlemen mentioned and that's hard for me being "THE GODFATHER", but I have done nothing compared to these people but try to have fun. Thanks to EVERYONE in "the past" for opening the doors for us!

BADA BING 11-30-2006 05:57 PM

Everyone on this board that strives to keep the sport fun and safe :cool:

The AMF crew gets big props too :cool:

Jimbo :D

36spectre 11-30-2006 07:36 PM

I agree T2x........otto

Need-the-Speed 11-30-2006 10:17 PM

I have always felt that, well, Big Scotty has done a ton for the sport :cool: :evilb:
In my time on OSO I would have to agree that Haggin has by far, on a personal out of pocket monetary level, promoted and help build the sport of Offshore Racing. I admire a very wealthy individual that doesn't forget the little man. Although I'm pissed that I didn't win the boat :p It was a great idea that gave the little guy an opportunity to take his first steps to join the ranks. I'm anxiously awaiting the Platinum Princess Raffle :drink:

bojoe2 12-01-2006 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
Hillary Clinton

Rich watch your back :D