Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p >

What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

Notices

What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

Old 11-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

Looks like we agree. In Destin, Extreme Boats Magazine gave John Haggin an award for bring our Extreme Boater of the Year.
Attached Thumbnails What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p-haggin-award1.jpg  
Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 AM

Default Re: What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

The Late ....Gene Whipp, one of the nicest guys in the sport, he raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for children's charities via offshore racing in Sarasota Fla. and he was the man that was personally responsible for my foray into offshore. God Bless!
Old 11-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Registered

Frank Gerow and Thomas Cronin

Old 11-29-2006, 06:08 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 36spectre
The Late ....Gene Whipp, one of the nicest guys in the sport, he raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for children's charities via offshore racing in Sarasota Fla. and he was the man that was personally responsible for my foray into offshore. God Bless!
Gene did more for the sport..over years and years than anyone else. Best venues, best coalition, best sponsors, best TV...best growth curve. He didn't quite get it back to the glory years of the mid 80's...but he came closest...and quickest.

In truth, he should win this ...hands down.

T2x
Old 11-30-2006, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Racegirl, THANK YOU for the vote BUTTTT, I would "BOW" to the gentlemen mentioned and that's hard for me being "THE GODFATHER", but I have done nothing compared to these people but try to have fun. Thanks to EVERYONE in "the past" for opening the doors for us!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Registered

Everyone on this board that strives to keep the sport fun and safe

The AMF crew gets big props too

Jimbo
Old 11-30-2006, 07:36 PM

I agree T2x........otto
Old 11-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

I have always felt that, well, Big Scotty has done a ton for the sport
In my time on OSO I would have to agree that Haggin has by far, on a personal out of pocket monetary level, promoted and help build the sport of Offshore Racing. I admire a very wealthy individual that doesn't forget the little man. Although I'm pissed that I didn't win the boat It was a great idea that gave the little guy an opportunity to take his first steps to join the ranks. I'm anxiously awaiting the Platinum Princess Raffle
Old 12-01-2006, 07:32 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by T2x
Hillary Clinton
Rich watch your back