Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p >

What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

Notices

What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

Old 10-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

I am curious to see what person or persons will be named by OSO members as contributing and or promoting our sport. I thought of this after watching an interview with John Tomlinson and then reading an article on himself and Dave Scott. It seems these two have been hitting the pavement to promote not only there two new boats, but the sport of Offshore Powerboating altogether. The Bacardi boats have brought much attention to Offshore in the recent past and the team has been doing just as much promoting as they do racing. This is great exposure for all of us in the industry. Two guys, seemingly smart, well educated, promoting the thrill as well as they concerns for safety in a sport that receives very little attention in the mainstream media.
So who would you all say is doing there part to promote our sport and lifestyle?
I have recently heard Bobby Seccenti (Sorry for the spelling...I went to public school) Speak at a SCOPE event and everyone in the place was mesmerized.
Bob Teague has spent a bloody fortune at events and has somehow cloned himself to attend poker runs, run a respectable shop, write every article in every boating magazine on earth, and still smile and shake everyones hand he meets.
Reggie Fountain (Yes, I am actually going to say something good about the little half pint) Has perfected the art of product promotion. I have just as many people come up to me and ask about "Those Cigarette and Fountain Boats". Thats impressive. And his speed records aren't too shabby!
Phil Lip****z (Again, spelling...What can I say, Phil cant spell my name either) Have not only been involved with making a great thing even better, but the guy has the cell phone number of every Rock Star, Rap Star, Movie Star and media mogul in the last twenty years. You don't get those digits from Poor client care and bad service after a sale. He makes the strong boats hit the right numbers.

So who is on your list of promoters?
Anyone that says Stinsen is automatically disqualified (Kidding Sean)
Old 10-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I may get some flack for this you have to include alweiss in this also... and the whole APBA... They have issues yes, but they also produce a good event.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:50 PM
Registered

Chris,
You are absolutly right,
I agree with you 100%,
You are going to get Flack!

Kidding
Old 10-17-2003, 02:52 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Hillary Clinton
Old 10-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't keep this to just one...

Mike Alweiss
Steve Miklos
Steve from OSO
Jeff Gerardi(sp)
David Scott
John Tomlinson
Hugh Fuller

Too many to list...
Old 10-17-2003, 02:54 PM
Registered

Lee Mills
Old 10-17-2003, 02:56 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Nordskog, Arneson, Little.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by hi-perf-2000
Lee Mills
LMAO!
Old 10-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Chris Reindl. he is about as dedicated to the sport as you will find. promoting it at all levels. that guy works like 25 hours a day. he's put together a great program that is a great way to get into offshore powerboat racing
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 10-17-2003 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Registered

I would like to see Matt Alcone get back in the game. I have met him a few times and he seems to be a very well liked carismatic man. But as far as boating is concerned I havent seen much involvement. I know he runs a 40 Skater around for fun in the Pacific, but thats about it.

Quick Reply: What single person is doing the most to premote the sport and lifestyle of offshore p

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.