Notices

OT: lake lice from Hades

Old 10-17-2003, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts
Default OT: lake lice from Hades

My mega super turbo maximum ultra mondo badass jetski is finally here.

I paid for it 8 weeks ago (maybe 6 weeks) and crating and shipping delays kept on happening. It is here and it is a bad mf.

I wont have time to play with it until the first week of november but I will let you know how it runs.

(besides, I have to order a drum of VP C14 to run in it anyhow).

m
Old 10-17-2003, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First week of November....Jet ski....Shrinkage.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:22 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on now...we need pictures here
Old 10-17-2003, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

yes, yes, of course.
Will take shots Monday. Going to Orlando Tuesday, but will try to post pix from hotel.

pix will be coming.
Old 10-18-2003, 01:46 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

what in the hell did you buy!
Old 10-18-2003, 06:49 AM
Registered

Default Ya want serious? Check this!

http://www.extrememachines.co.nz
Old 10-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I got the Frankenstein of all-time.
It's cobbled together with scads of ex-factory Yamaha race parts. It's the ultimate playboat.

Short list:

1997 Lightweight SMC GP1200 hull (lighter and faster than the later GPR hulls, but known to porpoise at speed unless properly modded - this one is properly modded)

Motor began as:
Ex ProMod Dan Lamey R&D Powervalve Stroker motor. Gas operated powervalves, full Pro Mod race porting, trued and welded crank, all the good stuff. When the Pro Mod class stopped using stroker motors, this motor was no longer desirable from a professional race standpoint. It was used as a play motor until it needed freshening. At that time, it needed a fresh bore. Calls were made and a "deal" was found on a set of special bigbore pistons that had been cut and modded to work on a stroker "project" motor but had then never been used. Back to Lamey went the jugs and in went the bigbore kit - ports handworked a bit to work with the new bore. 1480cc's. Factory triple expansion chambers, water reduction fittings, MSD total loss programmable digital ignition, Novi race carbs, girdled heads, GForce reeds, it goes on and on.

Drivetrain setup was originally the smaller Skat setback Magnum race pump, but that pump no longer could restrain the new beast. A full-on 155mm Skat setback Magnum was installed with the largest off the shelf Skat swirl impeller.

Usual accompanying mods (Renthal bars, Umi steering, foot pads, gripper seat, air intakes, bilge pump and flappers, adjustable sponsons, R&D intake and plate...

This boat has never been used as a topend platform - it was built for surf launching, and the word is that is was quite impressive in that capacity. Seller put me in touch with the Factory Yamaha wrench that created this beast for him, and I was assured that it would be on the 8800 rpm rev limiter in 4 seconds from a 10mph stab. He says he feels confident that it runs 75-78 on the limiter with it's current "handling" setup. He said Skat will repitch the impeller to whatever I want them to, and that the boat has an incredible amount of reserve to handle a much larger impeller and still retain mind-bending acceleration. Only real issue is that the stroker/bigbore setup has 230# of cranking compression and that 114 motor octane fuel is the absolute MINIMUM that can be effectively run in it without compromising the timing curve. The motor has not been dynoed in its current configuration, but WAS dynoed as a std bore stroker with 195 psi of compression. It twisted off 262hp in Pro Mod state - and turned a 152mm pump at 8600rpm. After boring and mega compression, the 152mm pump couldn't hold it back, hence the 155mm pump. It's only an estimation, but there is no reason to question 280hp from it.

The current WORLD SPEED RECORD holding PWC is a 2001 Yamaha GP1200R (slower hull). It is a std stroke big bore motor that dynoes at 255 hp @ 8400. The record is 87mph.

Depending on how this booger runs out of the chute, I may decide to shoot for an official new record. It'd be sorta cool to be in Guinness' book, eh?

(There's probably a goo reason that the record is held by the slower GPR hull - even with hull mods, earlier GP hulls can get into a violent porpoise at truly high speeds, so I may be biting off a chunk of hurt, here...)
Old 10-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Attached Thumbnails OT: lake lice from Hades-dsc00732.jpg  
Old 10-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Attached Thumbnails OT: lake lice from Hades-dsc00733.jpg  
Old 10-21-2003, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Attached Thumbnails OT: lake lice from Hades-dsc00734.jpg  

Quick Reply: OT: lake lice from Hades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.