Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   last run of the season . . .was expensive (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61779-last-run-season-expensive.html)

glassdave 10-19-2003 08:08 PM

last run of the season . . .was expensive

aint that just the way it goes. . . . today was an unusually perfect october day for NW ohio and i was pulling my boat out this afternoon for the season. it was so nice though that i decided to take one last run around our lighthouse out in the lake. boat was running perfect water was perferct sun was out and it was warm, what a great way to rap up the season. . . . . . . right up till BAM!! RRRRRRRRRR :eek: AND LOTSA MORE NOISES I CANT SPELL!! dont know if i hit somthing under water or what but port motor wound out like crazy than i lost all power in that one and a starboard was acting up to so i shut everything down and pulled up the drives,jumped on my swim platform to see only one prop where there used to be 2 :rolleyes: . busted the shaft it clean off at the seal. must be that big HP i'm running :D. oh well. . .atleast it is the end of the season and all because i had to take that one last run :rolleyes: . . .aint that just the way it goes

donzi matt 10-19-2003 08:11 PM

better the last run in the fall than the first run in the spring I suppose. Sorry to hear about it though

ragtop409 10-19-2003 08:22 PM

Dave, mine was close. After total rebuild on my gimble housing I took mine out for one last run of the year last month. Super day just like you described. Ideal away and let it get warm shoot across the lake and lift the hatch for genral inspetion. When I see water squirting out the manifold riser gaskets! Yikes. so I take a slow trip back to the trailer. Guess it is time to insatal the Gil's I have for the boat. :D Rag's

Madcow 10-19-2003 08:42 PM

Man THAT suks! Where did it happen?

sgrady 10-19-2003 09:00 PM

Two years ago Simular except mine was a #3 gone !

Formula Outlaw 10-19-2003 09:12 PM

BOAT-Bring Over Another Thousand

I've shelled out over nine grand on repairs this summer. I'm scared to take it back out.

glassdave 10-19-2003 09:14 PM

madcow- i left rossford and ran out in the lake around the light house (buzzed the fish'n fleet :D :p ) on my way back in just as i was going under the first train bridge, infact i think it happened right undernieth it. packinair called me on the cell like 2 minuets after it happend. good thing cuz i didnt know how long it was gonna take to idle in on one from there and i knew he made that trip a few times before :p

thanks all . .its comforting to know this happens to others to :D sorta like they tell ya never take a sold boat for one last run :rolleyes:

CAP071 10-19-2003 09:17 PM

That blows!

I sold mine this season and don't think I'll get another one anytime soon. I love the money in my pocket instead of repair bills every damn season.:rolleyes:

stevebaretta 10-19-2003 09:18 PM

My wife always warns me about "going one more time"
Seems like there's jinx on that last run. I've had several problems that happened on the last time out for the season. that's why I wished I lived somewhere that I could boat year 'round. Winter sucks!

glassdave 10-19-2003 09:19 PM

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
I'm scared to take it back out.
dude . . i'm sorry . . . but that line really cracked me up. :D :D :D

ouch. . . nine grand is a tough nut to crack for repairs. fuel is bad enough for a season.