If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    1984 Chris Cat
    Troy, Mich

the concrete giving way means it was not supported underneath by the ground, it may have been washed away.

Suggest you consider installing some steel diamond plate strips where the landing gear sits on most 50' trailers to spread the load. A cheap EASY fix.

My Boats:
    scratching the surface!
    Flower Mound, TX
    Man what a way to ruin the day Let alone bring in a wrecker and have to fix landing gear feel sorry for the guys taht have to check the bill of ladden and count the ball bearings

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI
    Ok, so did the gear collapse, or did it actually punch through the slab? Usually we pour the aprons @ 12" thick with two mats of steel. No trailer is going to punch through that!

Allergic to Nonsense Platinum Member T2x's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
    Granite Quarry, NC

Classic trucking story

Many years ago (when I was a lad), I was out on a loading dock doing a ratio delay study for a trucking company I worked for.

There was a loud bang....and fifty people all raced down the dock to see what happened.

At the last door of 75 or so on one end...a full trailer of linoleum on pallets was laid on its side...dust still swirling around...with the empty yard tractor still attached... and on its side as well......

Standing on the driver's door... (which was now closed and facing the sky)....was the jockey (slang for yard driver).... a black man named Teddy (last name withheld intentionally).

Teddy , who was several shades lighter than normal, shouted to the eager faces staring out at him...... "What happened?"

"It rolled over from turning too sharply" said a voice.

Teddy replied.... " Yeah....but who was driving it??"

Teddy got a few weeks suspension for that one...... but to this day, it makes me laugh.

Registered Platinum Member THEJOKER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
    Lake Lanier - N. Georgia

We transferred a bunch of freight this Saturday from one warehouse to another , they are practically next door. The guy that loaded the trailer overloaded the trailer but the tractor was left under the trailer. My route driver comes to work this am and unhooks from the over loaded trailer , also nose heavy. It took about an hour for it to drop through the concrete. We did see some voids under the cement (6 inches thick). Just a bunch of mistakes came together. NEW POLICY - all trucks must be left under loaded trailers at the dock . Oh yea freight was undamaged - BH

SBRT Southwest

HOLY SMOKES! And I thought my day was bad!

I hope no one was hurt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123