Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Brioschi/Reliable Wreck! must see pics! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61820-brioschi-reliable-wreck-must-see-pics.html)

Shane 10-20-2003 11:16 AM

Is spectator friendly becoming racer lethal?:confused:

Ron P 10-20-2003 11:31 AM

Rubbing and racing is one thing.

Looks like Reliable rode up on Drambuies roostertail.

ScottB 10-20-2003 11:32 AM

90 boats, 4 mishaps and no injuries.
Its safer than NASCAR

SummerObsession 10-20-2003 12:13 PM

Originally posted by T2x
Thank God no one was hurt..........

I wonder if the concept of putting 9,000 lb offshore cats in a situation where the first turn is as crucial as in a three lap hydroplane heat race....ought to be re-examined?

T2x

That would be an understatement of incredible proportions, in my opinion!

SummerObsession 10-20-2003 12:17 PM

Originally posted by ScottB
90 boats, 4 mishaps and no injuries.
Its safer than NASCAR

While that may be true, statistically, Nascar cars can be crapped out of builders shop in a very minimal amount of time, for a relatively low cost.

Not so with offshore cats. How long will these guys risk their expensive equipment on "spectator friendly" venues?

Can't speak for them, but I wouldn't. ;)

JUSTONCE 10-20-2003 12:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SummerObsession
[B]While that may be true, statistically, Nascar cars can be crapped out of builders shop in a very minimal amount of time, for a relatively low cost.

I definitely don't make enough money. :rolleyes:

Ryan Beckley 10-20-2003 01:31 PM

WTF WHM is right beside Brioschi in that picture?!!

Ron P 10-20-2003 01:32 PM

WHM is just inside of Brioschi in the third pic.

I think Tom rode up on a roostertail. He's probably never been in that spot before. Jerry has been doing a good job of teaching Tom the ropes, and don't forget, Tom is no rookie to high speed cats.

WHM has been hit several times in past races while going through the first turn.

I'd say, these big boats need to get at least a two mile run before the first turn so they can spread out a bit.

Offshore racing is dangerous because of the water. It shouldn't be dangerous from getting hit by other boats.

CigDaze 10-20-2003 01:50 PM

Check out the Photo section for more!

T2x 10-20-2003 02:23 PM

Originally posted by yourconscience
Here is maybe a different take: what do Matt Alcone, Hugh Fuller, Rod Karnoffal, and Tom Abrams have in common???

And the first turn is not as important as T2x says. WHM isn't even in the picture and he won. Could it be that Galbreath never should have put a rookie driver in that spot with 100 miles togo?

YC

I dunno YC...ask MA....

He's obviously giving you the questions.....maybe he'll give you the answers too.

But I'll tell you this, whoever you are.... If you were 100 times the person you appear to be....you wouldn't be 10% of Jerry G........... on his worst day.

By the way it's Gilbreath......If you're going to run down a man...at least spell his name correctly.

T2x