If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Allergic to Nonsense Platinum Member T2x's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
    Granite Quarry, NC
    Originally posted by ScottB
    I am not confusing bravado with common sense. T2x if we had 6 mile straitaways and someone stuffed or blew over and destroyed their boat, you know as well as I there would be a whole other bunch of people *****in about long coarses
    Actually are. The reason that canopies exist on boats today is because Mark Lavin, Dick Fullam, and others had to give their lives to convince the "raw boned manly men" that stuffing fatalities on long straightaways in rough water...could....... and should
    be prevented. All of the ******'in that followed those tragedies....served a purpose.

I'm not ashamed to say that I would rather not be killed in pursuit of a trophy............most racer's wives and children feel the same way...even if some of their racers are too macho to accept that.

And........ I sure as heck wouldn't want to see any injuries or loss of life in pursuit of some marketing strategy.

Last edited by T2x; 10-20-2003 at 04:18 PM.

Enjoy the show VIP Member Ron P's Avatar
    The Joisey Shore
    I also hope Tom stays with the sport. He's been a great addition. A lot of guys leave the sport after they have an accident like that.

Like Matt Alcone, Joe Mach, and more. It scares the chit outta ya......

My Boats:
    2015 MTI 48
    OK, looks like I've taken some heat over this whole Nascar thing.
    Michael w/Hendrick:
    If you truly pay 100k for a car, someone is getting hosed. Mild steel tubing welded with a wire welder? Add some sheet metal and you're done. I'm sure there is a lot of engineering and wind tunnel testing involved, but the raw materials are not exactly exotic.
    NHRA Pro Stock Cars are built from carbon fiber, 400 feet of TIG welded chrome moly steel, and titanium. You can buy all you want for less than 100k. I'm sure if there was as much money involved with NHRA as nascar, the cars would be five times higher. Good or bad, don't know just stating my own completely unimportant opinion.

Back to boat racing. These big cats cost between 4-800k I suppose (don't know-never priced one).
    If people were lining up to pay 15 mil+ for a season sponsorship, and a team could actually WIN some decent money, it would be worth tearing your equipment up every weekend (yes, nascar style) in order to make a profit.
    That is not the case here. The point is how long will people risk their equipment when their only payback is bragging rights.

JUST ONCE: I am not a rich man either. My point was RELATIVE cost. See above. I don't have either a nascar car or a supercat in my garage

Flame away everyone.

My Boats:
    Stray Cat Statement Marine
    USR, NJ
    Originally posted by Ryan Beckley
    Jay Muller's addresse is
    I'm sure he'll take all the checks you guys wanna send. I'd bet the repairs are at least $30,000.00
    He's not exactly thrilled about what happened.
    It's kinda like comparing Hendrick Motorsports to Wood Brothers.
    No disrespect but this is the internet, If Jay wants his personal information posted we should let him do it. I know you intentions are genuine but theres like gazillions of people on the net.

New York, NY - Manhattan BABY!
    All I can say is that Tom is one of the nicest gentlemen I've met in this sport and I'm glad to hear that he, and everyone else, is okay after the spate of accidents. I hope everyone can make repairs and get back to racing.

My Boats:
    yeah....that one
    **** happens its racing!

My Boats:
    little cat...BIG MOTOR
    Aurora Ontario
    Theres one rule in racing that can never be ignored nor denied. **** HAPPENS..
    Its called racing,not driving around in a circle.
    Rich,while I respect your point of view as always, I have to ask you if you really think a "lanes" rule would ever be respected by the racers or even enforcable by the sanctionong body?

Charter Member Charter Member Hauling Trash's Avatar
    My Boats:
    22 Hustler
    Beachwood N.J.
    Originally posted by Ryan Beckley
    I spoke with Jay about this thread and he really appreciates ALL the support in this undertaking from everyone involved.

Ryan ,Your 100% right ,I seen him on-line
    2014 OPA-APBA National Champion Class 7 .Hauling Trash 725.

Annapolis/Baltimore, MD
    Sorry to see Brioschi carnage and I'm glad all are well. Those guys kicked major bung holes in Cambridge.

Go Jerzey Boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast