Notices

O T: Gun Control Stats in Australia

Old 10-20-2003, 08:16 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
O T: Gun Control Stats in Australia

Australian Gun Control Ed Chenel - A Police Officer In Australia

Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under. It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent;
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent;
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent) in the state of Victoria alone;
Homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.
(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and the criminals still possess their guns!)
While figures over the past 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.
There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly.
Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased after such a monumental effort and expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australian society of guns."
You won't see this data on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the state Assembly disseminating this information. The Australian experience proves it. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note Americans, before it is too late!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-20-2003, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's always the PINKO COMMIE LEFT WING LIBERALS!

"Peace through superior firepower"

Hey - Catmando, how are ya bud?
Old 10-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Just Say N2O

Thanks Sharkey. I am amazed that there are still anti-gun people spouting off their nonsense. The evidence you posted above is just another bit of proof that is beyond denial. The more information that is gathered, both from England and Australia (guns gone), as well as in the US where carrying is allowed, the more pathetic anti-gun arguements become.

The only way they try to make headway is to "educate" the public with lies and speculations. I'm just shaking my head in disbelief at them.

Old 10-20-2003, 01:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn I gotta post this on my work info board
Old 10-20-2003, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good info keep spreading it!!! Thanks Greg
Old 10-21-2003, 08:02 AM
Registered

Unreal, 500mil more to buy new ones for the people that turned their's in.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:24 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How the hell does it cost 78 dollars a piece to destroy a gun??? Were they paying the guy that threw them in the furnace 200 bucks an hour? Or maybe they commisioned some sculptor to meld them together in a monument to stupidity?

It just goes to show you that if you support gun control you are advocating more violent crime-period.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

government bureaucracy !
Old 10-21-2003, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, I'm sure I will catch it for this!

This program is still new. Of cource armed whatever is going to go up. Would you expect the bad guys to go to their own law enforcement and say 'here's my gun........., I was going to rob someone next week, but it's against the law now to own a gun'

Let's see what the stats are in 24, 36 and 48 months, once law officials have time to cycle though the criminals and take their guns.

Was the 640,381 guns destroyed 'handguns' or 'all guns'?
Old 10-21-2003, 08:57 AM
Banned

Originally posted by insptech
How the hell does it cost 78 dollars a piece to destroy a gun??? Were they paying the guy that threw them in the furnace 200 bucks an hour? Or maybe they commisioned some sculptor to meld them together in a monument to stupidity?

It just goes to show you that if you support gun control you are advocating more violent crime-period.
I think they paid the citizen for turning in the gun.

Quick Reply: O T: Gun Control Stats in Australia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.