Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   El Boss (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/62012-el-boss.html)

Ryan Beckley 10-27-2003 03:19 PM

The boat he was Killed in WAS NOT the Shadow. The were racing a 33/35 Express cat that was the old Motor City Magic boat. It was a boat that they Beaked so that the could put the big motors in.

DARREN US1 10-27-2003 04:39 PM

Sorry Ryan, I did not know that.

You know Gary Balogh told me that I had more knowledge on the history of offshore racing then you, but even the most knowledgeable people learn something new everyday. Right T2x? Thanks Ryan.

Ryan Beckley 10-27-2003 05:04 PM

I think you know alot more of the older history than I do. I think you and I are close in age though I am 28. Most of my racing memories are from 1984 and later.

DARREN US1 10-27-2003 05:24 PM

Oh really! I'm 25, and my history starts from 1975 to the present.

T2x 10-27-2003 10:54 PM

Originally posted by Ryan Beckley
The boat he was Killed in WAS NOT the Shadow. The were racing a 33/35 Express cat that was the old Motor City Magic boat. It was a boat that they Beaked so that the could put the big motors in.
I was actually there in a chase boat..and started timing when the divers went down...... as my watch approached 10 minutes, I knew it wasn't good.... He tried to dive under the deck.....with his life jacket on..... The divers found him wedged in. His nose was only a few inches below the bow air bubble.

On board oxygen......... another good idea.

T2x

T2x 10-27-2003 10:56 PM

Originally posted by cigracer28/38
Thanks Cash and T2x. Is that the cockpit of El Boss they are standing in?
Funny, Willie looked the most sinister of the three before even knowing which one he is.

Willie isn't sinister...He's just a very tough guy who survived a very tough business.........

T2x

lowblue320 10-28-2003 09:19 AM

thanxs guys i guess my friend ownes that shadow here in south florida...you guess might have a chance to see it launched at keybiscayne sundays marina or eliott key on sundays mostly.....its white with a checkered flag in the rear and has 1/4 canopies with teal interior,deffinetly an impresive boat to see the way it sounds and sits in the water ....the boat is not dialed in yet still looking for props it seems to cavitate just little over 130 and has a long way to go on the sticks...

Ryan Beckley 10-28-2003 05:32 PM

From MY Archives.

1 Attachment(s)
American Dream Michigan 1987.

BLee 10-28-2003 05:42 PM

Originally posted by T2x
Willie isn't sinister...He's just a very tough guy who survived a very tough business.........

T2x

I'm sure he is. I wasn't disrespecting him.

Shane 10-28-2003 06:48 PM

Originally posted by T2x
Brownie: From your stand point....It was a great move... think of all the aluminum Cougars you got to sell as a result....don't even mention the boost it gave to Peter Hledin....... I think you both should send me a check
:p :p

T2x

Brownie,

You and Peter should send the checks directly to ME so that T2x doesn't have one of his "FINEST MOMENTS IN OFFSHORE..." and burn the money too!:p ;) :D :eureka: