Notices

El Boss

Old 10-22-2003, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clarify Willie Falcon was in Seahawk . My bad it was Benny and Jerry in Luv It Again. Blinky and Joe

were team "members".

Stan
Old 10-22-2003, 07:27 PM
Registered

Sals son just got sentenced to five years for money laundering three weeks ago. Sal is also in "school"

Stan
Old 10-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Cool El Boss Apache 33' Race Boat...

Was rigged by Bobby Saccenti & used for a very short time. It was derigged completely and sold. They were a narrow beam, tall-sided sportdeck model that had an extremely high deadrise entry forward that "hunted" or bow-steered excessively. Dangerous at speed. This same boat was built as a center-console(not to be confused with the wide-beam(9' 6") center-console that Bobby built) as sterndrive models. By the way, Bobby sold the wide-beam center-console Apache molds to Joe Clawges who owns Sundance Marine in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. & built one triple Mercury outboard boat that took over 2 years to sell, despite showcasing it center-stage at his marina. Approximately 6-8 of the narrow beam fish boats were built, total. The molds were never used again. Most of the center console boats mysteriously disappeared. Don't know why. Hope this adds to your "Go-Fast History" data banks. Ed
Old 10-22-2003, 07:32 PM
Registered

George is right Willie was and is one of the top five all time greats. Also one of the greatest guys I,ve ever had the pleasure to call my "friend"

Stan
Old 10-22-2003, 07:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey GJL,

I'ts nice to see that you have joined the group, after so many years sitting on the sidelines. Welcome back!

Last edited by DARREN US1; 10-22-2003 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

First off, I love threads like this! First hand information from the designers, builders and racers.
My only question is where did Shadow (Image Boats) go? With hulls designs years ahead of any competition, and successful raceboats dominating the circut, what happened? Shadow seemed to disappear as quickly as they came out?
Thanks for your response!
Bob G.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally posted by T2x
I was just checking to see if you were paying attention.......

Now which hull went around the course faster????

T2x........
Hahhhhhhh! The Shadow.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Registered

Default Hi George!, Hi Darren

I think we should call Darren "Quick Draw" he is "Fast and deadly accurate" Miller, the 80's were very interesting. Does anyone remember the year we almost didn't have a World Championship? The DEA decided that instead of running all over the country trying to arrest people, they would just wait until the beginning of the Worlds,come to Key West and arrest everyone all at once. That's right, i forgot the "Prince" owned the boat also.

Philip
Old 10-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Philip,
I was in Kew West for the Worlds (1983/4?) and remember the DEA shutting down Kew West airport after the races for "undisclosed reasons". Many racers had to drive to Miami airport to return home. We never heard what the official reason was fro shutting down the airport.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Registered

Philip, where have you been? How are you and Kim?

Quick Reply: El Boss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.