Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   El Boss (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/62012-el-boss.html)

21 Hustler 10-23-2003 06:39 PM

hey T2x i have been boating on lake hopatcong for the past 20 years, i used to go to hockenjos and hang out all the time a few years ago and i watched them build the last shadow that was a failure...i havent been over there or seen elbie since he sold the place, i was wondering if u knew what he has been doing lately and if u still talk to him, or even what happened and why did he go so under and seem to keep going even more uner

justin

Ron P 10-23-2003 06:39 PM

Is there an order form on the site yet?

Miller 10-23-2003 06:45 PM

Originally posted by DARREN US1
OK T2x,

You got me:( I meant to put a d in RoDriguez, but my finger hit b! My mistake. We are even. :) DARREN US1!

Darren, you're being over-generous. YOU'VE long since surpassed T2x in the history department...it's his alzheimer''s that keeps holding him back! :eek:

How are things? What's up with you? You and T2x should come to the city for sushi some night. Drag Philip and Kim with you.

Miller 10-23-2003 06:46 PM

Philip, glad to hear things are good. Sorry to hear about trouble with the egg beaters. I've decided that the Gods are punishing you for never giving me a ride! :D:D

Philip 10-23-2003 07:53 PM

Miller

You are right, Please take the spell off the boat! I am considering doing the chicken sacrifice thing on the deck at midnight on the eve of the full moon!! will that do it??? I was going to answer you on the "Cat" thread, but I want to bring this one back up to the top..

T2x, Speaking of Joey Ratner,,,, what were the first words he said?

Miller 10-23-2003 08:13 PM

Re: Miller

Originally posted by Philip
You are right, Please take the spell off the boat! I am considering doing the chicken sacrifice thing on the deck at midnight on the eve of the full moon!! will that do it??? I was going to answer you on the "Cat" thread, but I want to bring this one back up to the top..

The only cure is to take me for a SPIN! See, T2x has had no such issues with his after taking me for a ride! :D

T2x 10-24-2003 08:34 AM

Originally posted by 21 Hustler
hey T2x i have been boating on lake hopatcong for the past 20 years, i used to go to hockenjos and hang out all the time a few years ago and i watched them build the last shadow that was a failure...i havent been over there or seen elbie since he sold the place, i was wondering if u knew what he has been doing lately and if u still talk to him, or even what happened and why did he go so under and seem to keep going even more uner

justin

Hi Justin:

We met at Doug's a few months ago.......

Elbie has had some rough times...and the entire Shadow catastrophe was caused by two things..... a Real Estate deal that he got into which was way over his head...on Rte 15..... and a side deal ( based on desperation from the deal above) he tried to make with an ex racer involving the 36 foot Shadow plug..... (the one I burned in anger)... which was the basis for the lawsuit and settlement I received.

While George and I were involved, the company was profitable, on the cutting edge of technology, successful on the race course, developing new hulls, supporting a dealer network, and delivered products on time. After we left, all of that ended, and buyers were allowed to spec their own boat's construction (most of which broke), the company lost money, nothing was ever again delivered on promised date, no new products emerged, wheeling and dealing ram amuck, and dealers canceled relationships.

Other than that, Elbie's health has been deteriorating, his wife and best friend passed away, and he has retired to his cottage next to......."The old boatyard".
I visit from time to time..... and my heart goes out to him, but he made his own decisions.

T2x

T2x 10-24-2003 08:35 AM

Re: Miller

Originally posted by Philip

Let me guess......... "Ma Ma"?

T2x

21 Hustler 10-24-2003 02:50 PM

thanx T2x, and yes i remember meeting you and you and doug are the most knowledgable people about the boating industry and its past that i have met ever...your knowledge makes this board interesting because i dont really care for the stupid bickering that goes on, i like facts...my boat is at doug's right now and we are rebuilding the engine, do u have any suggestions on what to do?? or just any other improvement you would make to the boat

thanx for your knowledge,
justin

Ms PatriYacht 10-24-2003 03:03 PM

Justin,
I am interested in some info about Lake Hopatcong
My mother who is in her 70's had a house there and
graduated HS there, (I will PM you), growing up on Long Island I heard about it constantly. She still talks about it.
Donna