Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
need info on concept boats >

need info on concept boats

Notices

need info on concept boats

Old 10-09-2003, 01:34 PM
sounder

Default need info on concept boats

I would welcome input on a new boat I am looking at, the 27 foot Concept Boat with a 225 hp optimax. I will be using this boat on Long Island Sound, going across to Montauk to fish, or to Martha's Vineyard, and will on occassion run into 5 to 6 footers I want to be sure I have a strong hull and a dependable boat. No one up here (New England) knows anything about this make. I found it on the web and it's performance and looks are attractive. I look forward to any advice on this boat, good, bad, or other recommendations. Thanks...Sounder

Old 10-09-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FeverMike will be able to help you out. He just took delivery of a new 36 Concept. Great riding boat in the rough stuff. I also believe Leopajm is having one built as we speak so you may want to PM him.

Mike
Old 10-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Registered

I live and boat on the North Forth of Long Island (LI Sound, Montauk, Block, etc...). I bought a new 36 Concept with twin 250XS Mercs in June from Dave (DaveP on this board) at Typhoon Performance in Jersey. Speak to Dave at 732-477-6157 he will answer all your questions on the 27. He was a delight to deal with and was fair and accommodating. As for my 36, she is flawless, rigged tight and runs strong in big LI water.

Although I have no personal experience with the Concept 27, I'm not sure a any 27 footer with a single is enough boat for the water you plan to run in. I would seriously consider the 30 with twins (more LOA, higher gunwales, etc...).
Old 10-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounder,
I see that you don't have many post and I remember the days of finding my ways around this site.

If you look up across the top of the page you will see a bar with "home" "forums/board" "classifieds" ect.

Scroll your arrow over "forums/board" then scroll down to "search" and left click.

under where it says "search by key word" type in Concept and then move your arrow to "perform search" and left click.

You will bring up all topics that have the work "concept"

some will be about concept boats and others are when they just use the word in the thread.

Here are a few of the bigger ones.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=concept+boats

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=concept+boats

I have an older 31 Cigarette Center Console for sale that will take the waves. Check it out in the classifieds.

Cordell
Old 10-09-2003, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I live near you also. We can see some very nasty conditions. Plum gut, the race, and many other spots will be too much for this boat at times. I wouldn't feel comfortable in anything <30'. I've been in the gut before during some nasty weather and thought this was how I was going to meet my maker. I don't think I would've felt comfortable in any less than 100'! So I guess your question is relevant... If you time your trips and watch the weather you'll likely be fine. If you don't pay attention you could end up chit'en your drawers at the very least.

Also, 225 Optimax's are noted for having some problems. They are similar to the 200's (3.0L) which have fewer problems. Talk to some OB engine builders for details. I'm in the process of having a 200 Opti rebuilt, the rebuilder mentioned this to me in conversation.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:53 PM
sounder

BigMike, Cgarrett, Northfork, ss930: Thanks for the advice. I'm in the listen and learn mode. From what I hear this is the boat I want, may get it with two 225 hp opti's. Susan says it can be done with a little extra glass reinforcement. What you say about the conditions on Long Island Sound , Plum Gut and the Race are sobering, I'll just have to choose my days. This is for family fun, fish, ski, go to Montauk on a clear day. I'll look for more info up until I place my order at the Ft Lauderdale boat show and tour the factory 11/3. Thanks again.....Sounder

Old 10-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Registered

Originally posted by North Fork
I bought a new 36 Concept with twin 250XS Mercs in June from Dave (DaveP on this board) at Typhoon Performance in Jersey. Speak to Dave at 732-477-6157 he will answer all your questions on the 27. He was a delight to deal with and was fair and accommodating.
Hi Mike (North Fork) for the kudos.

We just sold our 15th Concept this year - I would be more than happy to try and help you out with your boat. We will also deliver it to LI for FREE. North Fork's boat was all white. Kinda looked real bad ass that way.

Dave Patnaude
Typhoon Performance Marine
732-477-6157
Attached Thumbnails need info on concept boats-konto1.jpg  
Old 10-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Registered

Here is a pic of a 27 we sold recently.
Attached Thumbnails need info on concept boats-concept-27-pic-1.jpg  
Old 10-15-2003, 01:45 AM
Registered

Originally posted by BigMike
FeverMike will be able to help you out. He just took delivery of a new 36 Concept. Great riding boat in the rough stuff. I also believe Leopajm is having one built as we speak so you may want to PM him.

Mike

LEOPAJM & WickedWon.

These two clowns will give the low down. They have both done their due diligence in research and testing. They know what they want and make sure what they get is what they want.

They are both great guy's and will be happy to tell you everything you want to know. Trust me. They will tell you what they know, not what they think.

PM, them or just wait until they see this thread. They'll be here yappin. They don't miss much, except maybe their gas.

Over & Out,
Dano
Old 10-15-2003, 02:32 AM
Registered

You might want to look at Bluewater boats out of FT Pierce, FLA. They build a badass CC that may fit your needs...

Quick Reply: need info on concept boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.