If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are you for the changes & innovations on the RoughRider and Maximus?

123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I like it, innovating, not the same old stuff.

9 7.32%
  • Maybe Yes. not sure but it might grow on me.

10 8.13%
  • Maybe No. Not a disaster but I'm not too crazy about it.

23 18.70%
  • No. "Where do I put the quarter in this Revolution looking thing."

81 65.85%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thumbs up

QUOTE:The "bandwagon" is everyone trying their best to slam new ideas. Like steps, electronics, paint jobs, Cigarette, the new Apache, anything on this board that isn't 20 years old.

Wow, and I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Cig28/38, you go man!

speel chekk this fokker! Charter Member puder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27' Scarab
    Locust Valley, New York
    paint jobs can be slammed. Some paint jobs are just plain old guadey. and paint is paint. one persons jewel is another's ovencleaner and scraper nigtmare.

as for new ideas. new ideas are great. BUT the new cigs are just ugly. concept (moving designs forward, updateing techology, creating better control interface) is great, the workmanship also looks pretty good.

They produced thier designs very well, unfortunatly thier designs were ugly as sin.
    Last edited by puder; 11-16-2003 at 12:02 AM.
    Pardon me, while I whip this out!

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Concept boats? Man aint those molds expensive!!! I see concept cars but I think that there is a little more money behind Ford and GM and such.... I do not like them from what I see in the pictures, however I would like to see them live before I totally crucify them.

Put your best foot forward!

Charter Mod Charter Member BLee's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
    E Dock
    I  Voted

Thumbs up

I 100% agree. I am currently looking at a different style boat. I sea trialed it, loved it, but I'm not sure I can "use" it as much as the Gun. It's a little faster, well, alot faster, but far less funtional. I don't have any kids or a wife, but I have plenty of crew to deal with. I have to decide.

I would have liked to have seen more of the "rough and tough" Cigs there too. I never want to see "battleship gray" used on anything besides an aircraft carrier again.

I only direct my comments to the attitude of "oh thats different, they are going out of business." or "First Don, then 188th, then themselves" give me a break.

You don't have to worry about my Cig's lookin whack though, they come with the seal of approval...........

Attached Images Attached Images

VIP Member VIP Member Back4More's Avatar
    My Boats:
    353 Fastech
    Lake Michigan
    Did not see it in person....and it might look better in person.
    I like seeing new stuff implemented in our sport...good or bad its R&D and thats a benefit for all.

My Boats:
    16 Donzi 41 Saber 27 Magnum 35 Chris Craft Commander
    Western Michigan
    Since I'm a traditional v bottom fan I think these two boats are hideously fugly but as was pointed out, this is not their bread and butter, only experiments. For anyone that doesn't know this, Neil and Bud have more time in rough water testing cigs then a lot of us combined. So does Scott Smith and Craig Barrie so if they want to play around with radical designs more power to them. Only the public buying them will tell if they stand the test of time like the top gun has. NK

My Boats:
    33'6 Formula
    Williamsburg, VA
    GLH, nice pictures on the first page, those are some nice boats...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789